1061 replies to this topic

#801 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

The only corpsing on Monday night was at the General's appearance in the recapitulation of "Hello".  Sounds like it was in a different place.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#802 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Saw the show last night for the first time, I thought I new what to expect after hearing the OBC recording and seeing some footage on YouTube...but I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would.

The main reason I enjoyed this show so much was Ashley Day...he was on as Elder Price, you wouldn't be able to tell he was the understudy, his singing, acting and dancing were all flawless. I can see him having a very successful stage career in the future.

Jared Gertner just was Elder Cunningham, you could tell he really enjoys playing the role.

Alexia Khadime...OMG her voice when she sang 'Sal Tlay Ka Siti' just blew me away.  She went alsmot operatic at one point during a high note which I was not expecting.  Having seen her Elphaba in Wicked , I had high expectations and the were definitely exceeded by her.  Her acting was s phenomenal, I just couldn't help going 'awwwww'  every time she spoke, she was just so cute.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#803 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think I said it previously but seriously BoM your ticket price are so steep

#804 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Agreed, ALexia for me was the best thing about the show. Love her

#805 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

An american friend of mine just saw the US tour and said that although Mark Evans had a great voice, he was too handsome for the role and played it too straight.  It needed an element of goody goody dorkyness to it, and Mark was just the straight man

#806 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Depends on what you look from the role really - I don't think you could be too handsome to be Elder Price, and to some degree, Price has to be played straight.  I don't necessarily think there has to be any dorkyness either - Cunningham is the dorky one, Price is the complete opposite of that.

#807 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Its a different type of dorkiness (for want of a better word) he meant,  its the goody goody kind.  Price shouldnt be played as just a straight role as that would lose humour, much of the humour comes from his dorky goodness.  Cunningham is dorky in the geeky kinda way.

His actual words were 'he is too hot' which actually is better than handsome I guess as in this role handsome and hot are two different things.

#808 musicalslive

musicalslive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Anyone knows of Alexia Khadime is playing the wednesday matinee shows? I'm visiting the show in august and want to see her, but the only seats left were those at a wed. matinee!

#809 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postmusicalslive, on 16 June 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Anyone knows of Alexia Khadime is playing the wednesday matinee shows? I'm visiting the show in august and want to see her, but the only seats left were those at a wed. matinee!
She was in the weds matinee I saw. Think the whole cast generally do all 8 shows.

#810 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I saw this for the second time last night. I can not get over how much I love this show. Perhaps I just like a bit of camp and dorkiness. Elder McKinley is by way my favourite character & Ashfield is superb. I love the choreography so upbeat & jazz hands. The one thing I don't like & I don't like it on the OBC is the "I have maggots in my scrotum" line. It just isnt funny to me & sort of jarrs and stops the flow of the show. Just my opinion obviously

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users