1056 replies to this topic

#821 Halpster

Halpster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Or should i say without the lines through ! So is lottery really busy? Was lucky enough to see the show in NYC with original cast via lottery and hoping to come along for Saturday matinee? Do they get a large turnout? 100?

#822 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yes there have been at least 100 people there on my frequent (unlucky) visits to the lottery. Chances around 10/1 of getting lucky.

#823 Halpster

Halpster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ah thanks wicked grin will give it a go...we are in town seeing matilda in the evening so will give it a shot....dont think you can swap the songs for that show between casts really....now THAT would raise a protest !

thanks again :-)

#824 theatrejunkie

theatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

I have some £40 seats from lastminute.com. Naturally they will be far from stage but from everyones  experience are there any horrific sightlines in the prince of wales theatre

#825 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Posttheatrejunkie, on 02 July 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I have some £40 seats from lastminute.com. Naturally they will be far from stage but from everyones  experience are there any horrific sightlines in the prince of wales theatre

Do you not get a seat number when you book via lastminute?

#826 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have seen the show many times from front row lottery win, mid stalls,rear stalls,mid circle and rear circle.The theatre is not that big so even rear seats are not that far back.The last 6 or 7 rows in the stalls have an overhang from the circle which does mean you miss the top of the stage.The only thing you will miss is the statue that moves at the start of acts 1 and 2 above the very top of the curtain and a part of the top rear of the stage in Spooky Mormon Hell Dream.
No lastminute.com never tell you where your seat is.. it is always " best available" and that is best available from their allocation NOT best available in the entire house.

#827 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Mmmm not sure I'm ready to take a punt on that then.  Do you know if their price bands are over inflated?  I looked and for the dates and in their top price tickets I was quoted £85, could that mean it's really a £50 over inflated priced seat?

#828 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 03 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Mmmm not sure I'm ready to take a punt on that then.  Do you know if their price bands are over inflated?  I looked and for the dates and in their top price tickets I was quoted £85, could that mean it's really a £50 over inflated priced seat?

It varies. Sometimes they have some really great deals, othertimes their "deals" aren't actually deals and are more expensive than the actual face price. I've had some good deals in the past though.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#829 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

does anyone know if they are ever going to do souviner brochures? i assume not after all this time. seems odd, i mean i know they like to keep things secret but the broadway show has one

#830 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

They might think it will take away from sales of the coffee table book?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users