1061 replies to this topic

#831 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

but they have both in nyc, that books is so over priced (in the theatre especially) are people really forking out so much money because yhey cant get a 10 brochure

#832 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

While I would like a souvenir programme too, I fear it may be very expensive as well... The one on Broadway is $25 iirc.

#833 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

thats quite standard on broadway. they have always been nore expensive than london ones.

#834 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

What bothers me most about the broadway brochure is that it is packed with pictures of the original cast... I was a little disappointed as I had seen all the pictures at the coffee table book already... Since Andrew and Josh (and even Rory) have left long ago, they could have changed at least some of the pictures...
I bought it because they didn't have brochures when I saw it in London (and still don't have them now) but it was definitely overpriced.
It's true that broadway is more expensive, but all the other shows I saw had 20$ brochures, which is still expensive but Mormon tops that with additional 5$...
Also Mormon seems to be the only show on Broadway that doesn't give out souvenir cups at the bar but sells them for a lot more money as merchandise...

#835 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostTitan, on 04 July 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

but they have both in nyc, that books is so over priced (in the theatre especially) are people really forking out so much money because yhey cant get a £10 brochure

They have 2 full pages of photos in the programme, so I doubt we'll see a brochure

#836 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostJess173, on 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Also Mormon seems to be the only show on Broadway that doesn't give out souvenir cups at the bar but sells them for a lot more money as merchandise...
This makes me feel slightly better as I thought I'd miss out getting them when I went to see the show! Mormon was the first (of many) shows we saw on our trip and because of that we didn't know about the souvenir cups yet. Did get some from other shows we saw ^_^

#837 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostJess173, on 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

What bothers me most about the broadway brochure is that it is packed with pictures of the original cast... I was a little disappointed as I had seen all the pictures at the coffee table book already... Since Andrew and Josh (and even Rory) have left long ago, they could have changed at least some of the pictures...
I bought it because they didn't have brochures when I saw it in London (and still don't have them now) but it was definitely overpriced.
It's true that broadway is more expensive, but all the other shows I saw had 20$ brochures, which is still expensive but Mormon tops that with additional 5$...

They also charge for toilet roll bot it does have the kinky boots logo on

#838 Jess173

Jess173

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostJamiem, on 05 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

They also charge for toilet roll bot it does have the kinky boots logo on

Huh??

#839 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostJess173, on 05 July 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Huh??

It's a Scott Rudin joke a bit like when Harvey Weinstein announced he had given up cigarettes Scott (allegedly) sent him round a carton of 200

#840 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

So I'll finally get to see the understudy of the year! So excited to see Ashley as Elder Price!

Edit: thought Ashley was a fab Elder Price. Acted the part really well and showed some superb vocals. And finally someone who's I'm nineteen sounded believable.

Quite strange though: Sat in the Circle with no free seat available. When I looked around in the second act I spotted 8-10 free seats, so a few people must have left at the interval. Everybody else (including myself) seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed it.

When did they change the announcement? At my last visit in May it was still the 1 minute break before the actual start, but they started yesterday immediately after they said that Ashley was on.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users