1056 replies to this topic

#861 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

I think there were around 60 people when I went on the Wednesday matinee which guy told me is much quieter than usual

#862 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Last time I went there were around 100 people. That was for a Wednesday matinee in mid July.

#863 RentHead78

RentHead78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

There was 100+ on Saturday matinee

#864 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Michael Kent made his debut as Elder McKinley and Lucy St Louis as Nabalungi tonight! :)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#865 hotshot

hotshot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

So after losing at the lottery multiple times, I finally gave in and treated myself to a row B centre seat dress circle ticket and i can only sum up my experience by saying that i'm strangely disappointed...

I saw BOM on broadway and it was amazingly good fun but something was off tonight. The cast gave it their all but were sorely let down by the sound guys. It was hard to hear what they were saying/singing (surprisingly) at many times during the show and i think the 'offness' was felt by the audience as they were hardly a laugh a minute in my past experience at BOM. David O'R was in for Elder Cunningham and I thought he was good - he even made Gavin C corpse it at one point..speaking of Gavin ..his voice is amazing and is wasted on this...would love to see him in Next to Normal.

I would give it a solid 3.5/5 and hardly any gave the standing 'o' (and rightly so!! too much of this happening around at the moment) but i'm going to go back again to give the west end version another chance.

#866 Lady Nijo

Lady Nijo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Couldn't risk the lottery for my boyf's birthday so got us a pair of the cheapies in the circle for £39.50. Will be my third time - roll on October!!!

#867 Whiskyanddry

Whiskyanddry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I went to the box office today, £150 for a ticket from the theatre?

I'd want to be up on the stage singing for that amount of money.

#868 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostWhiskyanddry, on 17 September 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Crazy! Someone must be paying those prices I suppose. I'm glad I got in before the prices were bumped up after press night.

#869 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostWhiskyanddry, on 17 September 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I once collected my ticket at the box office and a couple was asking for tickets for that week. Luckily for them, the clerk offered them return tickets for £125, which they refused – I thought that was quite a good deal, since I had paid £67.50 for my ticket, so they would’ve saved £5 per ticket. When I asked the clerk afterwards why they hadn’t taken the tickets, she told me they were £125 each... crazy.

So they must have introduced even more expensive seats since then. I absolutely adore BoM and it’s one of the best shows I’ve seen recently, but no show is worth that much money. I could see 3 or 4 other shows for £150.

The maximum I’m willing to pay for tickets is roughly £65, and only for special events like cast changes or closing nights.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#870 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

This really saddens me. I love this show but feel I'm being forced out of seeing it because of the ticket prices. I have a couple of non-regular theatre going friends who said they were interested in seeing this show as I had raved about it so much, but when I told them the cost of seats they both said no. I totally understand it too. I just wish they would put some online offers out there as I live too far outside of London to risk the lottery :(

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users