1061 replies to this topic

#901 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

what's the lottery queue like these days with the colder weather coming in, can anyone give an up date.Cheers

#902 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostCatqc, on 16 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but what's the view like from the dress circle? I am going for the first time and don't want to miss too much if possible

Dress circle (there is only one balcony here) is excellent. No overhang, no pillars, steeply raked.

http://www.flickr.co...N00/8383338490/

View PostStage Hand, on 16 October 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

what's the lottery queue like these days with the colder weather coming in, can anyone give an up date.Cheers

Did lottery (failed) on a miserable cold wet Tuesday last month and it was packed. There were less on the Weds matinee ( a much better day weatherwise) and having buddied-up with another single, got lucky when his name was drawn :-))
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#903 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks! Also do you miss anything by being slightly to the side? As in the higher numbers?

#904 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

No, it's all done pretty much centre stage and I think the angle is better than the side stalls as the circle curves to the stage.

The only problem in the circle is the high safety bars at the ends of the aisles. The ones at the ends of the centre block aisles are not too bad, most people forget they are there, and from row G you see over them.

At the far end, the bars in front of B42 are pretty high, but you get a good discount and I'd happily sit there if I was buying.

Oh, and if you don't like walking down a very steep staircase to your seats, ask to be let in by the side door by B43, they are normally very good about that for those scared of heights.

#905 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Stephen Ashfield is staying on for another year.  Cast change is February 1st

#906 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Postgreeny11, on 24 October 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Stephen Ashfield is staying on for another year.  Cast change is February 1st

Glad to hear Stephen's staying. Let's all hope Alexia stays also for another year.

I'm actually tempted to go to CC; does anyone know if BoM usually does mock-up matinees?
"If you want to get the girl of your dreams, all you gotta do is change your personality beyond recognition and wear lots of tight leather apparel." - Rydell High School, School Motto.

#907 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Is anyone looking for a ticket for cast change? I booked one ages ago just in case Stephen was leaving. Will swap it now but thought I'd ask on here first just in case anyone needs a ticket. It's for the evening performance on Feb 1st, stalls row B (don't remember the seat number but can look it up later).

Edit: Ticket sold.

#908 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

So pleased to hear that Stephen is staying on! I saw the show again on Tuesday evening and once again he stole the show :D
I've become quite attached to the whole cast, so I'll be sad whoever leaves.
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#909 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

So glad Stephen's staying on. My original understanding was that Gavin and Jared were only here for a year no matter what so will be interesting to see if that follows through. If Jared does leave, would love to see David O'Reilly bumped up to full-time Cunningham.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#910 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostJD094, on 24 October 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

So glad Stephen's staying on. My original understanding was that Gavin and Jared were only here for a year no matter what so will be interesting to see if that follows through. If Jared does leave, would love to see David O'Reilly bumped up to full-time Cunningham.

Agree & Ashley as Elder Price!!

Also tagged with Prince of Wales Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users