#22 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postjudyfan, on 16 May 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Surprised that no one has recommended End Of The Rainbow at the Belasco theater  [Times Square] with our own Tracie Bennett [two time Olivier award winner] as lead playing Judy Garland. She's up for a Tony and is the talk/buzz of Broadway

http://profile.ak.fb...5_7983671_n.jpg
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#23 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Oh Judyfan, how I've missed you....

#24 judyfan

judyfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I was just testing to see if you two would take the bait. but I've deleted it just to please you

#25 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Us two specifically? Glad you've remembered us! And I suspect that you're even more glad that End of the Rainbow may be returning to the West End. Might get to see it this time.

#26 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just dragging this thread back up. I'm off to New York in two weeks and I've still not fully decided what I'm going to see. My mum wants to see End of the Rainbow, and so do I as I never got the chance to in London, however I also fancy seeing Once.

I'm thinking I might just go to Once on my own, however I'm planning on getting Rush tickets - now that it's swept the Tony's, does anyone know what sort of time I should be getting to the theatre?
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#27 shetlander

shetlander

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

i went to see ghost in ny, its great, rainbow was fine in london but i think if your going from here to there you will want to see a bigger show than that, evita was good, mormon costs the earth and its coming to london so u'l have a better chance of seeing it here. Prescilla is a good show in london and i think the americans spoilted the begining but its closed now anyway. wicked, mamma mia and warhorse would be good, as they are good in london.  you could try and see something that you know is not in london so more special for your memorys. its a great brag " oh i saw that in broadway"

when picking boadway shows you want a great memory to take home so go for the one that you want to remember and not go to anything for the sake of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users