• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 musigal

musigal

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:43 AM

Does anyone one know where I can find out about auditions for the orchestra in westend production, I am able to find auditions for singers and dancers but not musicians, has any one any ideas?

#2 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(musigal @ Sep 13 2008, 02:43 AM) View Post
Does anyone one know where I can find out about auditions for the orchestra in westend production, I am able to find auditions for singers and dancers but not musicians, has any one any ideas?

Sorry not to have replied before, I don't come down this end of the board very often!

It is unusual for musicians to be selected for West End orchestras by audition. There is generally an orchestral contractor (fixer) who books musicians for each show; they tend to book players they already know and have used before, after consultation with the Musical Director/Musical Supervisor, arranger and producers. Send your CV to as many fixers as you can, with links to your website etc, if you have one with photo and sound files of your playing. Itís worth sending stuff to MDs and producers too. I know a pianist who got 6 months work as a walking-cover on a straight play (they only had to play if the main man was sick) from writing directly to the producer.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users