The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostMatthew Winn, on 18 March 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

<br />I think they may happen when people insert extra blank lines, but when I tried it with a first draft of this post they didn't appear.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes sometimes they do seem to match where blank lines are. Just doing this reply seems to have brought a few of them to the surface.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#12 Cathryn

Cathryn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Fringe, drama, Shakespeare, green politics

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

they are 'html', the computer language that is used to format webpages.  </br> tells your browser to put a paragraph break into the text at that point.  It means that the board is a bit broken, and is something the systems administrators ought to be fixing, if they've noticed.     Moderators - do you have any way of contacting them?

#13 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostCathryn, on 19 March 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

they are 'html', the computer language that is used to format webpages.  </br> tells your browser to put a paragraph break into the text at that point.  It means that the board is a bit broken, and is something the systems administrators ought to be fixing, if they've noticed.     Moderators - do you have any way of contacting them?

Thanks Cathryn, I will forward this post to the admins. They OUGHT to be looking at the board regularly, but I suspect they don't and leave it up to the mods (who have no power or input to the mechanics of the board). Actually no power and little input to the board at all!

Sometimes we get fed up.

Sorry!

#14 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I thought Lynette would fix this in a trice with her sonic screwdriver.

#15 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostThe Suburbanite, on 09 March 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I'm sure it'll be sorted, whatever it is.
...I said 2 weeks ago, but it hasn't - Admin, any news on this?
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#16 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hello all - We are aware of this glitch and are looking into it. We hope to have it resolved soon.

Regards,
Admin

#17 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I notice it still isn't resolved, and the entire forum had a good 24 hour downtime last week. Something going wrong somewhere?

#18 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

This forum has become so 'buggy' recently, not good.

#19 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostGavin, on 03 April 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

This forum has become so 'buggy' recently, not good.
<br /><br />

Yes, that's it! Buggy! WoS at 15 years old - a teenage mum inseparable from her buggy!

#20 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hello all - As we previously posted above, we've recently been having problems with the databases the site is run on.

This is what led to the short period of downtime to the board last week, which I can only apologise for.

We made efforts to ensure that users were kept informed through our Twitter feed and were working as quickly as possible to get the whole site, include the board, back online and stable.

We realise that this is frustrating and thank you for your patience as we try to get to the bottom of the problems. The solutions that we are looking to impliment should solve the problems you have been experiencing and make the site as a whole faster and more stable.

Thanks to the posts from both users and mods, we are aware of the problems with strange HTML appearing within posts.

We are currently hoping to solve the problem once the databases issues have been rectified, probably through upgrading the software that the board is run on. We don't want to do this until the database problems have been rectified as it could exacerbate the problems.

I can assure you that performance issues with the site and the board are highly frustrating for all of us at Whatsonstage.com and that we are working as quickly as possible to resolve these problems.

Regards,
Admin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users