16 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone else have the same problem with the new advertisement banner as I do?  It loads on every page a fraction of a second later than the rest of the page so I'm always about to click on a thread when the page shifts down and I end up clicking on the advert.  It's highly annoying and also means you have to scroll down further to reach the actual threads.  Don't know if this is just me because I'm viewing on an iPad not a computer.

#2 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Same for me and I'm on a PC. It is driving me nuts!

#3 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Totally agree, its doing my head in!

#4 Southstreet

Southstreet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Same here, it's really, really annoying. Sort it out WOS!!!

#5 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

same here!!! very annoying!!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#6 glossie

glossie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yep me too. And even more annoying that when you close it on the first page, it just re-appears on the next...and the next....and the next...!  If I want to book tickets, I'll go the page that sells tickets, not to the Forum.

#7 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

They have made it so it pops up at the same time now. Annoying to have it everywhere but at least it is synchronized annoyance!

#8 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Problem is, a site has to fund itself and having banners is one way of funding.  However, I've never had a problem with the banner loading later than the rest of the page. Suspect though the banner is coming from a different (slower) server than the rest of the site, which explains the lag. Probably not much WoS can do about it.

#9 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yes, the time lag has been corrected so the nuisance is not quite as big as before!

#10 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostJonnyBoy, on 12 March 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Does anyone else have the same problem with the new advertisement banner as I do?  It loads on every page a fraction of a second later than the rest of the page so I'm always about to click on a thread when the page shifts down and I end up clicking on the advert.  It's highly annoying and also means you have to scroll down further to reach the actual threads.  Don't know if this is just me because I'm viewing on an iPad not a computer.
Yes, I find it really annoying with my iPad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users