72 replies to this topic

#11 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Saw Jumpy at the RC and enjoyed it very much. Missed Posh, so will definitely be catching that this time round. I wonder how well these will sell. I can see Jumpy doing good business, but Posh I'm less sure about.

#12 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Same as me, I'll probably pop along and see them both. Will hold out for offers on Posh though, I don't think it's a definite big seller.

#13 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Wonder if Constellations will transfer to the West End, odd that Posh got the transfer, Jumpy I expected as was a sellout at the Royal Court,

#14 steveatplays

steveatplays

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Doon Mackichan is an absolute MUST for Jumpy. She made it, so she must be in it again!  I'm intrigued by Posh, as it requires so many young male actors. Already, everybody in Posh is burgeoning in their post-Posh career success. I wonder how many, if any, of the original cast will return? Harry Haddon-Patton? Probably not, but the same is bound to happen again, they'll pack it with young men we've never seen before, and in one year, they'll be stars. Worth seeing for that alone, probably. :)

#15 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Wonder if Constellations will transfer to the West End, odd that Posh got the transfer, Jumpy I expected as was a sellout at the Royal Court, Where could you see it going though?  That is the problem with Constellations.  Well, that and the fact that I imagine the cast have pretty booked up diaries.The Jerusalem offer was 35 for early in the run.  Shame they couldn't match that for this.  I have recommended a few friends of mine to see these and a deal like that could have sold it to them.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#16 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

As I posted in detail yesterday, there's the same Royal Court Rate of 35 if you book for both on selected dates early in their runs, with limited ticket availability as before. I suggest that each of your Posh friends teams up with one of your Jumpy friends, unless of course they're both Posh and Jumpy.

#17 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Oh, so regular Royal Court goers who saw Jumpy the other month don't get the discount for Posh!  Disappointing.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#18 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Casting now announced for this - no big names, which makes the three month run look even more ambitious, but I still hope to catch it when the inevitable offers are rolled out.

#19 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Quite inspired timing for this to play in the West End during the Olympics. Our international visitors will be able to get a better understanding of the culture of our current political leaders.

#20 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

The inevitable offers have been rolled out :)Best one seems to be best available seats for 34.50 (~38 including fees) for best available seats at preview performances (not Sat eve) at lastminute
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users