72 replies to this topic

#61 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just to follow up on the earlier conversation - Benedict Cumberbatch was amazing at Look Back in Anger today, as were Rebecca Hall, Matt Ryan, Anna Maxwell Martin, and Julian Wadham. House was packed and about 80% women. xD

And watching LBIA on the Posh stage (in half-trashed glory) was a surreal but interesting twist!

#62 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postexuberantlyblue, on 06 July 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Just to follow up on the earlier conversation - Benedict Cumberbatch was amazing at Look Back in Anger today, as were Rebecca Hall, Matt Ryan, Anna Maxwell Martin, and Julian Wadham. House was packed and about 80% women. xD

And watching LBIA on the Posh stage (in half-trashed glory) was a surreal but interesting twist!

Beth and I had a fabulous day.....watched great play reading with Benedict and I arrived early to nab day seats for the evening for Posh, also thoroughly enjoyed! And all for £18!
Rebecca Hall took a while to get going for me but by the end her and Cumberbatch were magnificent...I had tears in my eyes. B)

#63 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Does anyone have any idea when the day tickets for this are available? Is it 10 AM? I don't want to show up and have them all be gone. But neither do I want to get there far too early, lol.

#64 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

20 Day Seats are available for every performance from 10am at the Duke Of York’s Theatre, St Martin’s Lane. Maximum of 2 per person, £10 each.

#65 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Postdrmaplewood, on 11 July 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

20 Day Seats are available for every performance from 10am at the Duke Of York’s Theatre, St Martin’s Lane. Maximum of 2 per person, £10 each.

Front 2 rows. Would avoid the seats on front row on left as you look at the stage as stage juts out towards them. Must be seats 1 and 2  row AA? We were second row seats 2 and 3 I think and it was a good view although people standing the other side of the table occasionally went from view for a few seconds.

#66 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, the stage is quite high for this one. There was a £10 best available Lastminute.com deal for this a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still there.

#67 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postexuberantlyblue, on 10 July 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Does anyone have any idea when the day tickets for this are available? Is it 10 AM? I don't want to show up and have them all be gone. But neither do I want to get there far too early, lol.

When I collected my tickets today, the lady in front was asking about Day Seats and the Box Office person told her to get there for 9.15 at the latest as they go on sale at 10.

I saw this today thanks to the Lastminute.com 'Best Available' offer for £10 (well, £12.25 once you've added on fees) and got dead centre of row N. I usually prefer to be nearer the front, and a friend got row C but to the side, even though she booked a few days after I did.

I was a little disappointed in it. I enjoyed it, but I think that as it's been very heavily lauded on Twitter, I was a little underwhelmed.  Glad I saw it though.

#68 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postkjb, on 11 July 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I was a little disappointed in it. I enjoyed it, but I think that as it's been very heavily lauded on Twitter, I was a little underwhelmed.  Glad I saw it though.

I am thinking of writing a play, based on my experiences of Oxford, where I rubbed shoulders with Pete from a comprehensive in Wales, Diana, John and Steve who all went to state schools in Manchester and Blackpool and Ed (who turned out to be my future husband),whose single mum was a librarian. I was thinking of calling it Ordinary but I don't think it will sell so well......

Perhaps if I write it in verse and add a fool....

On a more serious note I enjoyed the play more than I thought I would, even though it was a real cliche. Great comedy here and there in the one liners.

#69 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Some late night tidying, Latecomer. Hope you don't mind.

#70 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostLynette, on 18 July 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Some late night tidying, Latecomer. Hope you don't mind.

Of course not! Sorry if I was a grump.... :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users