15 replies to this topic

#1 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

I always check out this forum on a daily basis and post fairly regularly if I have an opinion on something or other. Is it just me, or is this board quiet of late? In the past I have had to check in several times daily to keep up with some threads, but these days it seems quiet. Perhaps folks aren't going to the theatre as regularly these days? Or there isn't the controversey over Love Never Dies to keep us going?

#2 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Personally, I'm at a new job that is less conducive to internet use. I'm also at the theatre more than ever, leaving less time in the evenings for posting. And I often spend my theatre chat on Twitter before heading over here. #Oops XD
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#3 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

On the Plays pages, I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses Jan Brock's persistent contributions.

#4 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 13 March 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

On the Plays pages, I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses Jan Brock's persistent contributions.

I miss hearing Jan's reaction to this story...

http://www.telegraph...m-West-End.html

#5 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 13 March 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

<br />On the Plays pages, I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses Jan Brock's persistent contributions.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It was always such fun.....

#6 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

A lot of the quietness may be because guests aren't allowed to post anymore. As much as I disliked them they did post frequently, keeping the board busy.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#7 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2066 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

I miss Jan too - has he or she abandoned us?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#8 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Some of the loss of traffic will be due to the removal of guest postings from key areas - but that, on the whole, is a very good thing.

The increased use of advertising on forum pages is putting me off - it is very tricky to configure my ad block software to eliminate it and the overall user experience is worse as a result.

I know a site has to pay for itself - but do we really need the 'Ticket Central' bit on every single page?

#9 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the answers. Yes guests not being able to post must be huge factor but on the whole it is good thing. I've never understood why people don't register - it is fairly anonymous after all to the public and it is free! Plus of course there is alot of competition with other social media and people don't have the time to update all of them.

#10 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

With the guest-posting gone, so have personal attacks on other people's comments whoich used to be a common feature on this forum (I hope).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users