#11 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostSHk, on 14 March 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

<br />With the guest-posting gone, so have personal attacks on other people's comments whoich used to be a common feature on this forum (I hope).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Unless you're reading The Wizard of Oz Thread...

#12 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Or have people found a new board or using different medium i.e. twitter to satisfy an urge for theatrical chit chat?

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#13 Viserys

Viserys

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

I don't post much to begin with, but I also don't find any topics that are of interest late. There are a handful of new plays opening or transfering, but musical-wise I find London extremely stale at the moment (Broadway, too, come to that). The only "new" show at the moment is Sweeney Todd opening and that's transferring from Chichester. But most "big" discussions are about new shows coming in and there's nothing much going on.

#14 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I find the board seems quieter lately, but even before that, I would often come here hoping to read about and/or comment on a play, only to find no mention of it whatsoever, which made me think that maybe discussion was indeed taking place elsewhere.  Also, and almost the reverse view to that of the previous poster, I am chiefly interested in plays rather than musicals.  I do go to musicals but far less often and my comments would be limited to "enjoyed it" or "didn't enjoy it", whereas the regulars on the musical thread seem to have detailed knowledge of every cast, understudy, production, etc.  I have neither the information nor the interest to get involved to that extent so feel able to say little even on the active threads.  Why is it that musicals seem to attract so much more enthusiastic a following, I wonder?

#15 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I agree....I often come here wondering if someone has seen a production (as I trust people's judgement more than the critics) only to find no-one has been....or even set up a thread!  I find myself turning to twitter more and more for my early production gossip....although I have yet to sign up and tweet!

#16 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

I think one of the reasons is that plays tend to have shorter runs than musicals. So musical cultivate loyal fans (as I am to Les Miz and PotO). But I also wish more fringe shows get a mention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users