133 replies to this topic

#61 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Not especially. One man replaced lnd. I dont think its a case of play vs musical, top hat isnt selling (in a house thats used for both plays and musicals) and the national want to transfer their show in. Nothings being 'shoved out'

#62 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostTitan, on 11 May 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Not especially. One man replaced lnd. I dont think its a case of play vs musical, top hat isnt selling (in a house thats used for both plays and musicals) and the national want to transfer their show in. Nothings being 'shoved out'

Before Top Hat opened at the Aldwych, two plays filled in so its not unusual. A lot of the 1000-1200 theatres like the Savoy,Novello etc have hosted plays as well as musicals.

The National have been on a roll with their transfers and they seem to open ended runs apart from Untold Stories and I suspect This House will be a limited run as well.

#63 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Probably just for the summer, then a big musical will move in

#64 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Supposedly Stephen Ward

#65 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Notices posted for 26th October.

#66 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 15 May 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Notices posted for 26th October.
It'll be interesting to see what they do about the cast if it's staying around till October. I heard that both the leads had 6 month contracts so, if that is correct, I wonder if they'll stay for an extra three months or if there'll be another cast change.

#67 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Anyone else find it odd that the big ticket agents aren't selling this past 26th October anymore, but there's been no official announcement? I do hope this isn't yet another announcement for Baz Boing Boing in the morning.

#68 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Baz said this was closing last week so he already had the scoop, and the cast have been told 26 Oct

#69 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Wasn't his scoop that it was closing earlier than that to make way for the transfer of This House? None of that panned out, of course. I thought the 26th October was a new date.

#70 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

yeah  but he is right, its closing early, and This House may move in we dont know yet. So not sure how he is wrong really.  The dates might be out a bit but the basic facts are right..Top Hat is closing early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users