133 replies to this topic

#71 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Stephen Ward is planning to open in November apparently... so unlikely that This House will be going to the Aldwych.

#72 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think This House will probably transfer to another theatre although there aren't many available, maybe the Pinter or the Duke of Yorks if they want to transfer from August or September or the Vaudeville if they can wait until November. The National don't tend to transfer to ATG theatres though.

#73 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

A Doll's House is transferring to the Duke of York's from August so won't be there!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#74 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostMark_21, on 17 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

A Doll's House is transferring to the Duke of York's from August so won't be there!

Saw that news, the lack of available theatres must be frustrating for any successful show like This House who want to transfer,

#75 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I just had a look on Ticketmaster for seat availability for 26th October (just out of interest, not booking that far in advance) and the only seats showing as available are the premium ones, which seems absolutely ridiculous. Do they not want an audience for the closing performance?

#76 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Dont forgot that only shows ticketmasters allocation, and their online allocation at that (see tickets for example have different allocations online and via telephone). Ticketmaster are probably one of the worst agencies for theatre now as their allocations are tiny and usually poor seats

#77 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

^ Thats true for for some shows but for Top Hat they're the main ticket source & usually have loads of tickets available. For the previous day, 25th October, for example, the majority of the seats in the theatre are still available to buy on Ticketmaster. It's only 26th October where nothing but premium seats are available.

#78 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Oh but 26th is its closing night so thats probably why

#79 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yes, I know it's closing night, that's my point. I am wondering why there are only premium seats available for both shows on the last day. It seems very unlikely that all other seats would have sold out before closing date has been officially announced & publicised. Therefore I am wondering what the producers and/or Ticketmaster are up to. Top Hat is my current favourite WE show & I won't be too happy if I can't go to the last show because no reasonably priced tickets are made available.

#80 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Quite often they are held back for guests etc. They may release more nearer the time when they know exactly what they are doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users