some tickets available for tomorrows show at the menier

#102 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just out of interest, how many musicians can the Chocolate Factory fit for a musical? And where are they if it's a fringe theatre?

#103 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

From memory, they can fit as many as needed, but they way they do it, about 6. And I think they are in a sound proof box on stage right.

#104 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Depends on the musical as the theatre is an open space that can be changed to fit the production. The most I can remember was 9 for Sweet Charity and A Little Night Music

#105 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

The Merrily band is 8 players big, in a box to the side of the stage, When the show transfers the band will move to the back of the stage behind the set being revealed at the end of the show,

#106 Man in Chair

Man in Chair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Quick question about the transfer - without being overly intrusive, does anyone know Jenna Russell's situation? By the end of the Menier run, she seemed ready to have the baby at any moment, and I was wondering how this would affect (if at all) her performance schedule at the Harold Pinter. She was so marvelous that I want to be as sure as possible that she'll be on when I go back to the show!

#107 Crick

Crick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Jenna Russell's situation appears to be a very unfortunate wardrobe decision.  I saw the show last night (brilliant) and saw Jenna briefly as she was leaving post-show - it appears that they were attempting a fat suit but it makes her look pregnant more than overweight.  That would be the only really negative to this fantastic production.

#108 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but they are releasing the front row © every day on-line around 10.30 am for £10 each, presume it's just during previews. Got some for tonight so I'll report back on what they are like. There are still some left at the moment.

#109 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

The front row at the Harold Pinter theatre has always been a great seat.  Does this mean they're not doing day seats?
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#110 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

The website says they're doing front row day seats, so they could be releasing them online because there's been no-one at the box office for them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users