#112 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostFrontRowDress, on 25 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but they are releasing the front row © every day on-line around 10.30 am for £10 each, presume it's just during previews. Got some for tonight so I'll report back on what they are like. There are still some left at the moment.

I didn't know about this, thanks for the info! Would be keen to know what the view is like from these seats and how high the stage is. Enjoy the performance tonight :)

#113 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

The website says they're doing front row day seats, so they could be releasing them online because there's been no-one at the box office for them?

I imagine that would be the case. The Donmar has done the same in the past.

#114 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostMan in Chair, on 17 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Quick question about the transfer - without being overly intrusive, does anyone know Jenna Russell's situation? By the end of the Menier run, she seemed ready to have the baby at any moment, and I was wondering how this would affect (if at all) her performance schedule at the Harold Pinter. She was so marvelous that I want to be as sure as possible that she'll be on when I go back to the show!

It seems somebody at The Pinter reads these boards!

"Russell:  I was the pregnant one in the fat suit [which Russell wears for the show]! Apparently there have been all these tweety things – I don’t do the tweet thing – saying ‘I’ve bought my ticket for Merrily at the Harold Pinter theatre but I’m terribly worried because Jenna Russell looks fit to burst! How is she going to work this out?’"

http://www.officiall...-we-roll-along/

#115 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well that solves that.  I too thought she was pregnant.  Fat suit = bad idea.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#116 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Quick question about the transfer - without being overly intrusive, does anyone know Jenna Russell's situation? By the end of the Menier run, she seemed ready to have the baby at any moment, and I was wondering how this would affect (if at all) her performance schedule at the Harold Pinter. She was so marvelous that I want to be as sure as possible that she'll be on when I go back to the show!

Its a fat suit. As the show is backwards she gets slimmer as the show progresses, not heavily pregnant as mentioned above.

#117 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Front row must be the biggest bargain in the west end for a tenner. Rows A & B have been taken out for orchestra pit, so front is row C, loads of leg room and low stage. Snap them up.

#118 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ah brilliant, thanks for the info! Fingers crossed they still have this offer after previews as I'm out of the country for the next 1.5 weeks.

#119 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

I've raved extensively on the blog, but basically this is exactly what the West End needed. George Furth’s sharp witty book addresses real problems in a thought provoking entertaining way and is coupled with one of Sondheim’s best scores and a simply breathtaking cast. Can I say just again, all for £10! http://www.frontrowd...-pinter_26.html

#120 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm in row H stalls on Sat evening, does that actually mean I'll be 2 rows further forward than I thought if A&B are removed?  If I like it (never seen it before) then I might try for £10 front row later on in run.  I wish more shows would do this, or maybe release cheap tickets the night before so people like me in the sticks can at least have a chance of success & plan the following day. Though I suppose it's a benefit of living close to London that there's more of a chance of last minute offers; may have to move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users