• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#121 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Are the 10 pound seats suppose to be on the ATG website? I've been checking for the past hour or so and can't seem to find the front row tickets you all have mentioned. Any ideas?

#122 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Poststewart, on 27 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Are the 10 pound seats suppose to be on the ATG website? I've been checking for the past hour or so and can't seem to find the front row tickets you all have mentioned. Any ideas?

They have been. Maybe they don't do them at weekends?

#123 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think they are only made available online if they still have some after the queue at the box office is gone? It being a weekend, they probably had more people at 10am.

#124 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just ended up that they posted them later than normal, I guess. Maybe you're right that they post what's left over after the box office opens. Regardless, got one for the matinee. Just a really, really great show all around. Jenna Russell is extraordinary.

#125 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

I was at the matinee too, it's a fantastic show with a really talented cast. Everything is so slick.
I enjoyed the openiing but then wasn't really sure at first; parts of Act One seemed a bit draggy and it is a lot more like watching a play than a musical at times. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It progresses from typical Sondheim 'Company' style of everybody standing around & singing to more choreographed numbers in Act Two though, which seemed to pick up the pace & energy - I was totally won over by the end and was really moved.The concept of telling the story backwards is so clever. Though when I was trying to explain it to my daughter, she shrugged; "like in How I Met Your Mother"!!
I was at the back of the stalls with a good view for what I paid (only one pesky pillar to the extreme side of my view) as I didn't know about the dayseats whan I booked.Horrid little theatre though, 50% of the seats must be restricted view for one reason or another.
Were you front row, stewart - how was the view? Looked pretty good from my little reccy during the interval so if I go back might try that.

#126 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

How I Met Your Mother tells the story backwards?

#127 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Not really, more in flashback. I wouldnt say telling a story backwards is anything new, but it does take skill to do it well

#128 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yes, I was front row just off center. Front row at the Pinter is absolutely fantastic, especially since they have removed the first two rows. So for 10 pounds, pretty remarkable. It was my second time to see the show after seeing it at the chocolate factory. Loved it just as much the second time. The tiniest bit of criticism would be that Mark Umbers seemed a little...forced is the best way to describe it. More so than at the chocolate factory but I imagine it has more to do with settling back into the role than anything else. I loved his performance at Menier but yesterday seemed the tiniest bit off; still really good though. The three leads are phenomenal in my opinion. Fantastic chemistry and Damian Humbley and Jenna Russell have only gotten better.

#129 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I was at the evening performance and I know what you mean Stewart about Mark's performance appearing a little 'forced' I was trying to put my finger on how to describe it, fab nonetheless.  The best for me was Damian Humbley, totally aced it especially in the NBC Studio scene and Jenna was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed the show and had an excellent view in row H which was actually 2 rows further forward.  Loved it

#130 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Some lovely reviews from opening night last night.

See that the front row day seats now seem to be £20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users