Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

View Postarmadillo, on 16 July 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

The first time I saw this saw back in the mid 80s
Was that the Guildhall production directed by Ian Judge with Adrian Dunbar (was he Charley?) that transferred to the Bloomsbury Theatre for a week or two? I didn't see it but heard great things.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#232 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

selling like hot cakes

https://uk-offers.ti...ET2130718MAINUK

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#233 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Such a shame. I suspected this would never appeal to a mainstream audience, sometimes certain shows should just have their successful run on the fringe then go out on a high.

#234 Zinone

Zinone

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Fourth and final visit for me yesterday afternoon and it was in fantastic shape (despite a wobble/spillage incident with the piano in the first party scene).

I was surprised and pleased by the new bows: on the three previous occasions the whole company bowed together, but yesterday each cast member had an individual moment followed by the 'here come the leads' introduction, which encouraged what was a very well-deserved standing ovation.

Anybody know when/why this was introduced?

#235 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

On each occasion I saw it (several since it opened at the menier) each cast member always  took individual bows...

#236 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's not unusual for a show to have two versions of the bows, one short and one long. Which one that is used can be dependent on lots of factors including audience reaction during the show, if its a matinee, if something important is happening after etc.

#237 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1276 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

If its a crap audience they will want to get off stage as soon as possible!

#238 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostOrchestrator, on 17 July 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Was that the Guildhall production directed by Ian Judge with Adrian Dunbar (was he Charley?) that transferred to the Bloomsbury Theatre for a week or two? I didn't see it but heard great things.
  No, that was a student production though it did, I think, have Michael Cantwell as Frank. He was in the first UK pro production at the Library Theatre in Manchester which I saw, graduation ceremonies and all. Tracy Bennett was brilliant as Mary

#239 Lady Nijo

Lady Nijo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Nabbed a ticket for this afternoon. Will be my third time at the show. Such a beautiful heartfelt production - shame it's closing. Jenna Russell gives one of the best performances of the year. She doesn't put a foot wrong! Fingers crossed she gets remembered come Olivier time.

#240 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Digital Theatre announced a worldwide screening of the recent West End revival of Merrily We Roll Along - the first in what seems to be called the 'West End Theatre Series - In Cinemas'. It will be released in 1000 cinemas over the world including the UK, US, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Russia, Brazil and more. UK screening dates appear to be October/November. There has been no announcement as to whether Digital Theatre will release the production for sale.

All info here: http://www.digitalth...on-and-tickets.

The initial trailer can be found here: https://www.youtube....d&v=7bAYNDSYvZs
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users