#11 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostWeez, on 24 March 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

While we're at it, west_london's comment fell shy of perfection by referring to an Aida soundtrack rather than a cast recording. ;D

but that aside i see miss hannigan's charm school is paying off!

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#12 The Little Fellow

The Little Fellow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm not THAT much of a fan of the film but I love Whitney's music and to see it performed live by Heather will be amazing. I can see the film really translating well onto the stage. Whitney < 3

#13 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think this will be a huge success. I know it sounds morbid and not a very nice thing to say but Whitney dying is the best thing that could happen for this show to be a success as it will be like a shrine to her memory.

#14 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostZippy, on 29 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I think this will be a huge success. I know it sounds morbid and not a very nice thing to say but Whitney dying is the best thing that could happen for this show to be a success as it will be like a shrine to her memory.
A bit like Thriller for Michael Jackson!
Hasa diga eebowai

#15 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yes. And WWRY for Freddie.

#16 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Still wonder who they'll have in the Costner role, needs a strong masculine lead really

#17 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

They held casting calls this week for ensemble (I assume) I've seen a couple of people on Twitter mention they went in for it.

I've never seen the film. But then, I hadn't seen Ghost either until the musical opened!

#18 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

LLoyd Owen playing title role (Kevin Costner part) opposite Heather Headley.  Press call at Savoy Theatre today and booking now open for previews 6th November, opening night 5th December and booking to 27th April 2013.

#19 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Honestly, as if Sweeney is getting kicked out for this!
With £67.50 top price tickets and not really that famous stars in it, I can see this flopping!
Anyone else noticed that the past few shows at the Adelphi have been expensive to go see? This, Sweeney and I'm sure Love Never Dies we're all sold at £67.50 as well. Don't see why, the Adelphi isnt that much of a special venue.

#20 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Honestly, as if Sweeney is getting kicked out for this!

It was always going to be a limited run, so I'm not quite sure where you're getting the 'kicked out' from...

I don't see the appeal of this musical, personally.  Yes, I like a few Whitney Houston songs, but the film looks rubbish and I've never had the desire to watch it.  I don't see it doing anywhere near as well as Legally Blonde, for example.

ETA: And the ticket prices are pretty much standard West End prices nowadays, I think Wicked top price is £62.50 at the minute (premium seats excluded), and Les Mis is about £65 as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users