#171 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Heather has been back since Friday. I went on Saturday eve and she was absolutely brilliant (despite stating her voice wasn't back to full strength yet).

#172 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Via a pre-show announcement???!
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#173 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

So what is the list of songs, in order? I cant remember the whole songlist in order

#174 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

View Posttheaterfan14, on 13 January 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Via a pre-show announcement???!
No (that would be rather odd I guess). She posted about it on her Facebook page.

#175 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 13 January 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

So what is the list of songs, in order? I cant remember the whole songlist in order

I would love to know this too. I saw the show on Tuesday evening and cannot remember.

Here comes my brief review!!

Well the cast is great! I would love to know which child actor we had - is there any way of finding out? I think Nicholas Colicos, Ray Shell and David Page were off who were three of the 4 people I really wanted to see but it didn't spoil it too much.

As I said, the cast was fab. I loved Debbie. Lloyd is gorgeous. Heather was very good.

There was a sound problem (feedback) right at the start and Heather rolled her microphone off the stage - it was sorted for the second half of the song. There was also a technical fault half way through Act One just before the club scene - no explanation but ten or so minutes later it started up again where we left off.

Set was good, if bare. Why do the lights show 4 panes of glass when one of the French Doors is wide open??

Song list was slightly too ballad heavy for my liking and at some points it dragged.

Here come the negatives:

The projections - lose them! Unnecessary and tacky. After the last one I felt it hard to suppress my laughter at the audience's gasps at Rachel's costume change. The chase after the stalker in the cabin could easily be done in person.

The bows were awkward and sudden. Bring them on to a medley - So Emotional (don't mention the rap), How Will I Know and I Wanna Dance With Somebody are crying out to be mixed together. Don't just make them walk on and bow after a far too sudden ending.

Was Heather's final dress a Whitney or a buttercup tribute??

Most of the audience were clearly only there to see a certain song or two.

All in all, a good show which could be much slicker without the projections and the awkward Curtain Call. 6.5 out of 10 - mainly for the great cast.

#176 Old Man of theatre

Old Man of theatre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

"Well the cast is great! I would love to know which child actor we had - is there any way of finding out? I think Nicholas Colicos, Ray Shell and David Page were off who were three of the 4 people I really wanted to see but it didn't spoil it too much."

How very odd, Ray Shell and David Page were both performing on Tuesday night, sure you saw the bodyguard?

#177 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Haha. Oops. How funny. I didn't recognise them then, however we were in the back row of the Upper Circle.

#178 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

When I saw it, there was a slip within the programme saying which child we had as Fletcher :)

#179 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

That's what I expected, but there wasn't in the programme I bought. :-(

#180 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

It may of only been because Gloria was also on for Rachel, so they may only inform of the child if there is an understudy slip required. Oh you can check the video screen when you walk in... All cast is listed per show :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users