• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#191 theatrejunkie

theatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Alexandra Burke. Cant stand her to be honest so will have to watch it agan when heather hedley is still around. Watched matinee today and it was fantastic.

#192 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Show was amazing tonight.... Heather was amazing, and understudy Nicki was fab!!

#193 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Funniest thing, one of the dancers heels flew off into the audience during "Im Every Woman" tonight... Bless her, she carried on and got a massive round of applause for carrying on!!

#194 theatrejunkie

theatrejunkie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostBecky La Rou, on 14 November 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

If anyone does see the show, I recommend that you avoid the Upper Circle (although the view was fine, the constant stream of chatter and stupid comments whilst the show was taking place were not)
I anyone involved in the production of the show sees this message: PLEASE lord rethink the overuse of projections. It's just not necessary.

Quoted for truth.

#195 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

O.M.G!!!!!!

Saw the show on Tuesday night...I MUST SEE IT AGAIN!!!
Heather Headley was just perfect as Rachel, somthing a bout her acting reminded me of Patina Miller in Sister Act though, could have just been the accent.
Lloyd Owen, is very suave as Frank, he had the coldness that really sets up the character, and he really was believable when he mellowed out as his feelings became more prominent.
Debbie Kerup was fantastic...'Run to You' was definately a highlight.

I liked how they simplified the plot by taking away the hitman, and only just included the stalker, but managed to include Nikki into it by bringing the letter into it.

Does anyone know if a Cast Recording is in the works???
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#196 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Is Heathers last night definitely 10 August? She hasnt confirmed it.

#197 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Stunt casting yet again , it seem like the only way musical productions can servive these days

#198 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

does anyone actually like alexandra burke? i dont know anyone that actually does.

#199 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostTitan, on 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

does anyone actually like alexandra burke? i dont know anyone that actually does.

Puts a finger in the air gingerly. I do.

#200 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

haha cool, was a geniune question as like i say, everytime her name comes up (and i work in a large open plan office) its always negative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users