Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yesss!! So deserved!!

#212 fiyero81

fiyero81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I am planning to see the evening show, hopefully with Heather. Does somebody know about the rush for day seats?

#213 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

The problem is no one knows how the queue is now.  I'd say 8.30 would be a safe time to arrive.  The day seats are excellent so worth the wait.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#214 fiyero81

fiyero81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for the advice. :)

#215 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

I saw this in its first week of previews but hadn't been back until last night.  Wow!   They have really pulled this together.  Full marks to Thea Sharrock for an amazing job of directing this extremely complex show and making it run like clockwork.  Her cinematic concept is now fully functioning - one smooth scene transitioning perfectly into the next.  I was in awe.

Problems have been fixed.  The projections in the second act chase scene have been trimmed back and the scrim has been eliminated.  The Academy Awards action has been restaged and is now much more effective.   The book scenes - much maligned in some quarters - are all working because the actors are now fully invested in their roles.  The chemistry between Heather Hadley ( yes, she was on last night!) and Lloyd Owen is clearly evident on stage.  And, of course, Heather, in fabulous voice, is a force of nature.

Bravo to the company.  The show is in great shape and I had a great time last night.

#216 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postmallardo, on 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

I saw this in its first week of previews but hadn't been back until last night.  Wow!   They have really pulled this together.  Full marks to Thea Sharrock for an amazing job of directing this extremely complex show and making it run like clockwork.  Her cinematic concept is now fully functioning - one smooth scene transitioning perfectly into the next.  I was in awe.

Problems have been fixed.  The projections in the second act chase scene have been trimmed back and the scrim has been eliminated.  The Academy Awards action has been restaged and is now much more effective.   The book scenes - much maligned in some quarters - are all working because the actors are now fully invested in their roles.  The chemistry between Heather Hadley ( yes, she was on last night!) and Lloyd Owen is clearly evident on stage.  And, of course, Heather, in fabulous voice, is a force of nature.

Bravo to the company.  The show is in great shape and I had a great time last night.

Maybe I should give it another go then - saw its second preview and didn't rate it...
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#217 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

i saw it in january, was ok but i hated the slow mo action, it lost all tension.

#218 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I should also add that the day seats (25 pounds) are the biggest bargain in the West End.  The front row is absolutely the place to be for this show, especially for the finale and the bows number where you get Heather one on one.

#219 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I must be really lucky when it comes to Heather. Saw the show for the seventh time last night and I haven't missed her once.

#220 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postmallardo, on 23 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I should also add that the day seats (25 pounds) are the biggest bargain in the West End.  The front row is absolutely the place to be for this show, especially for the finale and the bows number where you get Heather one on one.

Do you work for the show??

I thought the finale and bows were the worst bit. She tried to get everyone on their feet but half of the audience just didn't want to.

The projections need to go for me to see the show again - they are tacky and unnecessary!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users