569 replies to this topic

#221 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

some of the projections work (the chase through the woods) but the ones towards the end of act 2 are cringe cheesy

#222 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I dont know why i found this funny but on the website this is the description of Heather...

She will NOT be performing on Wednesday or Saturday matinees but is expected to appear at all EVENING performances excluding Tuesday 12 February, Monday 18 - Saturday 23 March, Monday 13 - Wednesday 15 May, Monday 17 - Thursday 20 June, Monday 15 - Wednesday 17 July 2013 inclusive.

#223 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Who will be the replacement for Rachel if this extends even longer? Any ideas?

#224 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Any news about the cast recording?

#225 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Alexandra Burke is the (unfortunate) rumour.  Considering how well its doing im not sure they need a name

#226 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Janet understudy One Moment

#227 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Any idea about a cast recording for this ???

#228 luce76

luce76

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Saw this yesterday and was really pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting to particularly enjoy it, but really did. Obviously it helps that I am a fan of Whitney's music, but I thought that they had done a good job of trying to make it work in its own right, rather than just trying to plonk the film onto the stage. The plot changes involving the stalker and the sister worked I think and are sensible in making the story more simple than in the film. I did think that the stressing of the rivalry between the sisters was slightly overplayed, but that's a small gripe. I was also nervous that the Whitney songs that are not from the film were going to feel shoe horned in, but I thought they generally slotted in well. I even didn't mind the sing a long at the end, I think because they didn't try to force everybody to get out of their seats, which is what winds me up.

The understudy for Rachel was on (Gloria?)  and I thought she was very good. Obviously I can't compare her to Heather, but I thought her acting and singing were both top notch.

#229 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Is Heather ever on?

#230 BrumCub

BrumCub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Theme Parks ... and lots of others that I can't put on here ;-)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I was fortunate to be in London a few weeks ago and Heather was on - she was amazing it has to be said, and for a couple of hours entertainment I got my money's worth ... though the theatre was just so quiet, I bought my ticket from the box office about half an hour before curtain up and paid for a cheapie with a free upgrade to premium in the stalls because it was so quiet ... makes me wonder just how well it is doing overall?!?!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users