565 replies to this topic

#231 luce76

luce76

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

In fairness, as far as I know this was a scheduled holiday week for Heather.

#232 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yes, she was on holiday, and I was waiting for that comment from Mr b :P

#233 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

It's just I've had a few friends go recently on desperate nights (not this last week) and none have seen her in it and weren't amused!

#234 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Separate .. Not desperate!!

#235 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Like we often say on here, it's best not to go to a musical just to see one "star". On the other hand producers shouldn't put up actors names on publicity, as they are asking for trouble!

#236 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

In hiring heather they asked for trouble. She has always had attendence issues so they knew what they were getting

#237 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm seeing the show for the 9th time today and it looks like it'll be show number 9 with Heather for me. I am yet to miss her.
I know she was off sick for a while in late December and early January. And I know of two unplanned off shows due to vocal rest. But beside that she's only had planned holidays from what I know so I've never had a problem catching her on stage. Maybe I'm just lucky.

#238 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sorry Steffi, but it won't be. HH isn't performing tonight.

#239 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

The lady at the box office this morning said she is supposed to be on tonight. But it's fine if she's not. It would be interesting to see an understudy for once. I'm mainly going tonight to see Oliver's Frank anyway. :-)

#240 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

And she wasn't on!

So first viewing of this. It was a good show. Nothing ground breaking but had some lovely performances. Notiably from the two lead understudies and Debbie's 'Nikki'. I actually liked the set especially the log cabin!

The songs will suit the Whitney fans. It flipped from being 'performance' numbers as in the character performing at a concert etc to suddenly the song trying to convey the characters feelings but it was ok.

Only problem for me, I thought the tension built up well to the Oscars! But then when it actually happens, she quickly says the famous line 'he's my bodyguard' and then bang safety curtain down and long pause. I felt all emotion was lost as soon as that happened!

Tip to anyone, turned up at the box office at 5pm and got 4 day seats for 25 each (they were spilt) but bargain! Especially in this cold weather! 3 stars for me :)
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users