#261 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

The log cabin is just a big lump.

Heathers interview in the Metro today made me laugh.. Apparently she's honoured to be in the same category as Dame Helen.. Has no one told her?!

#262 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Would the stage door keeper at the Adelphi even recognise HH? I thought the log cabin was left over from a completely different show quite honestly, it just did not seem to fit with the rest of the design at all.

#263 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Yes i thought that actually. As good as it is, its the only realistic set piece, the rest is quite stylised or just backdrops

#264 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

There's nothing very imaginative about a whole log cabin trundling on... Especially after the rest of the show is so simply done. Ah well.

#265 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well, its interval at The Bodyguard, and Heather is on again. I know not all will agree, but I like it better than the first time I saw it. Of course, I do like Whitney songs, but I think the staging and book is good too imho.

#266 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

A fab new TV advert is out!

#267 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

I dont know what to do about this show, it doesnt particularly appeal to me but my mum is visiting and she really loves Whitney and the film so was thinking about taking her to see it, I think she would probably like it. Has anyone seen any goo ticket offers? I think lastminute had them for 25. I dont even mind uppercirlce at Adelphi, think I may only have sat there actually. Did for Evita, Joseph, Love Never Dies and Sweeney Todd and not sure I have been to see any other shows there

#268 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yes, if you love Whitney Houston music you will love this show - it is very slickly staged and well sung and orchestrated. I enjoyed it! I got at £25 day seat half an hour before the show! The Adelphi box office staff were very helpful when I said had they got any cheap last minute seats.

#269 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

There's a guy on eBay who does two full price for 65. If the date is not to your liking, just ask. I got a j row stalls last week.

#270 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

i hear that the new Rachel Marron is going to be Emi Wokoma.. she plays Tina Turner on the tour of Soul Sister..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users