569 replies to this topic

#291 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

If it will close soon, Gloria should take over the role full time, but if it is planning to stay around, get another name

#292 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Curious question - On the Seetickets page for this, it states that Heather's last show is August 10th. It then stated from August 12th till September 7th, Gloria is playing the lead at evening performances only with Shanay Holmes appearing at matinee performances only from 12 August to 7 September. Booking period is only till 28th September.

I know current contracts end 7th September so does that mean they have someone lined up after Gloria? Shanay been bumped up over Janet (can't see her as Rachel anyway)? Shouldn't they be extending soon?
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#293 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

id suspect the extension will go hand in hand with the new cast annoucement

#294 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Has there been any news on a cast recording yet...??? It doesn't feel right listening to the movie soundtrack anymore.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#295 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I've seen Gloria more than Heather now and I think she deserves to play the role full time. She is on constantly! Also I've heard that Heather is now singing the songs in a lower key!??

Gloria is great. I don't believe a show always has to have a 'name' I'd rather just see good performers. But it would be more annoying if they gave it to Gloria for that short time and then don't get a name. Not fair on Gloria. I've heard Micha B from x-factor was seen too.

#296 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Does she mess up the vocals at the beginning?

#297 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 29 May 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Does she mess up the vocals at the beginning?

When?

#298 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

One of the very first lines in the first verse? May just be me hearing things... Fair if she did get it wrong, its very early in the run

#299 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

alexandra berke has been dropped by her uk record label and has yet to get a deal in the usa so could be in need of work. but with her desire to be an r and b star and her own high opinion of herself im not sure she'd want to commit to a west end musical or see it as below her

#300 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostTitan, on 06 June 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

alexandra berke has been dropped by her uk record label and has yet to get a deal in the usa so could be in need of work. but with her desire to be an r and b star and her own high opinion of herself im not sure she'd want to commit to a west end musical or see it as below her

It's Beverly knight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users