^ Yes, 25

#32 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

I have never seen the film but will probably go to the show just to see what it's like - do you think I need to watch the film first, or will it be just as enjoyable seeing the show fresh? Cast sounds good though, at least it's another new show, even though another jukebox!

#33 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

I imagine it will be fine too just go in without having not seen the film however no one can be sure. I'm very excited to see how some scenes like the scene on the lake are done

#34 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

If I haven't seen a film before, I won't watch it before seeing the musical. At the end of the day, regardless of the source material, a musical is a musical and it needs to communicate its story without being reliant on a previous film, book or play.

I hadn't seen the films of A Private Function, GHOST or Singin' In The Rain and greatly enjoyed all 3 of those musicals and I didn't feel I had missed anything by not seeing the film first (as one shouldn't).

#35 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Lots of great clips from rehearsals here: http://www.thebodygu.../gallery/video/

#36 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostJamie Kenny, on 04 August 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

For anyone who didn't see, the full cast has been announced

Heather Headley (Rachel Marron) Debbie Kurup, Mark Letheren, Ray Shell, Nicolas Colicos, Mark McKerracher, Sean Chapman, David Page and Oliver Le Sueur.Ensemble: Nigel Barber, Jordan Darrell, Yasmin Harrison, Shanay Holmes, Holly James, Robert Jezek, Melissa Keyes, Gil Kolirin, Janet Kumah, Nick Maude, Richard Murphy, Gloria Onitiri (Alternate Rachel Marron), Ashley J Packer, Dharmesh Patel, Lucinda Shaw, Paul Smethurst, Charlotte Watts and James Wooldridge.

Excited about seeing Ray, my favourite Rusty AND favourite Poppa. Not too sure I'm excited about seeing the show though.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#37 rextoric

rextoric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostmarkE, on 11 August 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

^ Yes, £25

Apologies if this sounds ignorant. It is my first post here, so please don't flame me! :P

Am I allowed to buy 2 day seats if I am the only one queuing up? Or must I get my gf to queue with me? I would prefer not to trouble her, but it would be very disappointing if I am told on the day that each person is entitled to only one ticket.

Grateful for the advice. :)

#38 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Depends on the policy of the theatre - some will allow that, others wont. Some are cash only, some aren't, I guess until the show opens its anyones guess!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#39 rextoric

rextoric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 29 October 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Depends on the policy of the theatre - some will allow that, others wont. Some are cash only, some aren't, I guess until the show opens its anyones guess!

Thanks Laughingmonsta! :)

#40 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Anyone going tonight? Intermission thoughts? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users