#401 Warmington

Warmington

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Poststevepearman, on 06 November 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Very centre was ok for me. The md is not in the way and you may get Beverly interact with you,  as I did with heather
Have had day seats front centre and they were great.  One thing to note is that you do get engulfed and I mean totally engulfed by dry ice :)

#402 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Sold out tonight

#403 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

So it seems the cast change not only didn't hurt - it might have helped.  In any case, if the show is selling out with its replacement cast it speaks volumes about the show itself.  It's a very solid crowd-pleaser.  Is it still headed for Broadway?
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#404 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

View Postmallardo, on 09 November 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

So it seems the cast change not only didn't hurt - it might have helped.  In any case, if the show is selling out with its replacement cast it speaks volumes about the show itself.  It's a very solid crowd-pleaser.  Is it still headed for Broadway?

I think its rumoured for Autumn 2014 with Heather Headley reprising the role.

#405 All That Jazz

All That Jazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Beverley Knight is flawless!!!

#406 wetheatreboy

wetheatreboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

A great cast can't save a bad show, but a bad cast can easily ruin a good one...

I wasn't blown away by the original ensemble and I certainly couldn't see the fuss about Heather Headley... (Sorry to those fans out there) I did see it on Press Night though, I don't know if they got better with time...

#407 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I enjoyed this show when I saw it - undemanding musical theatre, but it did what it said on the tin and I had an enjoyable evening. I did not see Heather but then she was "hardly heather there" ! I am very tempted to back and see Beverley Knight.

#408 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

Im not sure the show selling out with the replacement cast speaks volumes about the show. It wasnt sell out with the original cast, Beverley Knight is the reason this is now selling well (although offers are around now and again) more than the show itself

#409 ptwest

ptwest

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Went to this on Saturday night  - although there is sterling support from Debbie Kurup, Beverley Knight is really the only reason to see this in my opinion - she is phenomenal. I have never heard those songs sung so well. Although you could argue you would be better off waiting for her to tour and seeing her in concert.

#410 SeanyB

SeanyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Also caught this on Saturday eve from the front row and I was in utter awe of Beverley Knights vocals! She sang the s*!t out of those songs! Just wow! Definitely catching is again.....and dare I say....OST with her on?.... Would be a dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users