• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 HonestJohn

HonestJohn

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

Cocksure Theatre Company's production of "A Skull In Connemara" opens tonight at the White Bear Theatre, Kennington.

The middle play of Martin McDonagh's Lenane trilogy (which begins with "The Beauty Queen of Lenane" and concludes with "The Lonesome West"), this is a darkly comic play with all McDonagh's trademarks - absurdity, violence, death and the darkness of the soul.

7 years ago, Mick Dowd's wife died in a car crash - was it an accident, or was it murder?  Those are the the suspicions that Mick has lived with all this time, the whispers of a small town with no secrets.  And now, he must face the past as her body is exhumed... and the truth comes to the surface.

The play runs from 7th Oct - 26th Oct, Tue-Sat at 7.30pm, Sundays at 5.00pm - for full details, including how to book, go to www.whitebeartheatre.co.uk.

Support and feedback from Whatsonstage.commers always welcome - thanks guys!

John

#2 Dubliner

Dubliner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

I saw this play some years ago when the Druid/Royal Court production of the entire trilogy played a short season in Dublin. The trilogy day where all three were staged in succession was probably the best day's fun I've ever had in the theatre. A Skull in Connemara while perhaps not quite up there with Beauty Queen and The Lonseome West is absolutely hilarious (and very, very sick to boot!) The sight of the two gravediggers smashing the bones while off their heads on poitin will live with me forever. Best of luck with your production - I'm sure you'll have a ball.

#3 CMC

CMC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Looking forward to this. I can vouch for the quality of Lonesome West they did elsewhere earlier this year.

McDonagh fans will also want to know Cripple Of Inishmaan is also touring, though not to my great disappointment, coming to the big smoke.

http://www.druidtheatre.com/

#4 Honest John

Honest John

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Only 3 more performances of this left now - tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) at 7.30pm, with a final show on Sunday at 5.00pm.

Booking is advisable, as houses have been pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users