84 replies to this topic

#11 maggiem

maggiem

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

View Postarmadillo, on 02 April 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

<br />I remember that one. Jerome Flynn was an excellent Alcibiades. Then there was the mud-slinging Globe version a few years back - not one to be a groundling at. But like Troilus and Cressida and Pericles and King John, it's one to see when you get the chance - and you don't often get the oppurtunity to see it with a Great Actor in the lead as it's not one they feel they have to tick off.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm going to see King John at Stratford in the Summer, as I've never seen it before, and will try to get a 12 ticket to Timon of Athens when the public booking opens later this month. With "Othello" for next year as well, that's 3 more Shakespeares I'll be ticking on my list.

#12 Whenindisgrace

Whenindisgrace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Very hard work getting onto the site this morning.  None of the front row cheapies available for the dates I wanted, but the top price ones are reasonable as it's a Travelex (32.00).

#13 VDCNI

VDCNI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

There's another booking period to come so I figured I'd wait for that one.Was particularly bad today but managed to snap up Last Of The Hausmanns, London Road & Doctor's Dilemma eventually!

#14 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Booked for Timon and Haussmans, both last dates possible so lots of 12 tickets around. I like a Sunday matinee.  Looking forward to Timon with R-B

#15 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Well I must have had the luck this morning because it worked like an absolute dream for me.  Took well under 10 minutes to book 5 shows.  12 front stalls all.  Including 4 together on a Saturday night for Timon.  This must be karma for my not getting Daniel Kitson Open Air Theatre tickets yesterday.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#16 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postdude-1981, on 04 April 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Well I must have had the luck this morning because it worked like an absolute dream for me.  Took well under 10 minutes to book 5 shows.  12 front stalls all.  Including 4 together on a Saturday night for Timon.  This must be karma for my not getting Daniel Kitson Open Air Theatre tickets yesterday.

Ditto. Panicked a bit because it was slow to log in but once I was in, there were no problems at all even at the card verification service. Booked an extra platform later and got a freeze at the final hurdle but when I checked in the My NT section (link at the top), it had gone through OK ...though it was a bit scary seeing just how much I'd spent there since I registered back in the 90!

#17 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

I've just noticed the NT brochure says Timon of Athens was written in collaboration with Thomas (The Changeling) Middleton. Does anyone have anything interesting and knowledgeable to tell us about this?

#18 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

(deleted due to weird character problems! try again ...)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#19 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

There's quite a good summary of the current thinking on Shakespeare's collaborations here -http://www.shakespea...pdf/collab2.pdf James Shapiro's "Contested Will" is also a good read on the subjecthttp://www.independe...ro-1927492.html

#20 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

OK I give up on trying to make my links work properly! You will all have to do your own textual analysis ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users