1 reply to this topic

#1 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

Just got an e-mail from the Barbican telling me that Tom Hampson has had to withdraw (groan!!) from his joint recital with Susan Graham but will be replaced by Bryn Terfel (HURRAH!!) I can't imagine they are going to get many complaints about that substitution!  rolleyes.gif

Sebastian

#2 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 5 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post
Just got an e-mail from the Barbican telling me that Tom Hampson has had to withdraw (groan!!) from his joint recital with Susan Graham but will be replaced by Bryn Terfel (HURRAH!!) I can't imagine they are going to get many complaints about that substitution!  rolleyes.gif

Sebastian
Hmm. In the final analysis we actually got Bryn and Sarah Connolly replacing (Susan Graham). Connolly was ok but sounded underpowered in the Barbican especially in Marguerite's aria from "Damnation of Faust". Bryn was marvellous epecially in a riveting Dutchman's monologue which brought the house down. HOWEVER the programme was disgracefully truncated with Connolly only doing 3 numbers in total and no encore prepared despite the fact that the audience obviously wanted one. Not impressive and followed by an undistinguished and appallingly pricey meal at the Barbican restaurant. Not good.  angry.gif

Sebastian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users