• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 NickP

NickP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

New play written by Stephen Beresford, starring Julie Walters, Helen McCrory and Rory Kinnear at the National Theatre.

Tickets are on sale to the public on April 18.

Does anyone know much more about this?

"Anarchic, feisty but growing old, high society drop-out Judy Haussman remains in spirit with the Ashrams of the 1960s while holding court in her dilapidated Art Deco house on the Devon coast."

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5139 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

A bit of a telephone directory job for me in that would turn up to see any of the cast recite it.

#3 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

The NT must be very sure about this because they've scheduled many performances, including an NT Live digital screening on Thursday 11 October.

Have you seen these two articles?
http://www.dailymail...rower-1948.html
http://www.whatsonst... Haussmans.html

#4 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Potential audience members must also be very sure - or willing to risk their money - as when Advance Members' booking opened yesterday morning, there wasn't one single £12 seat left for the whole of the run.  Once again my membership has proved worthless, but would they give me a discount for upgrading mid-year, even if I were prepared to fork out for the next exorbitantly-priced level?

#5 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Gonna have to set my alarm for EP tickets for this one like I did for Frankenstein!

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3747 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Frankenstein was only busy the second time round though. That's not to say that this won't be popular!

#7 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postfringefan, on 11 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

<br />Potential audience members must also be very sure - or willing to risk their money - as when Advance Members' booking opened yesterday morning, there wasn't one single £12 seat left for the whole of the run.  Once again my membership has proved worthless, but would they give me a discount for upgrading mid-year, even if I were prepared to fork out for the next exorbitantly-priced level?<br />
Not surprised by this....look at the names involved. For £12 you can't go far wrong. Plus if it is terrible you can send back the tickets for only £2! I upgraded midyear and they make your membership run for a whole year...so mine runs out in June. As I frequently book for 4 friends it is well worth it. I doubt I would go to some of the plays if I had to pay full price as it is now quite expensive. Plus I love front stalls.

#8 NickP

NickP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

How quickly do you think tickets will sell out on Wednesday?

I'm really hope to get a decent seat in the stalls!

#9 Beth

Beth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostNickP, on 11 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

How quickly do you think tickets will sell out on Wednesday? I'm really hope to get a decent seat in the stalls!

They probably won't actually sell out that quickly, but decent seats are going fast.  I just took a look at a couple of random days, and Monday, 2 July has nothing in the stalls between rows A - O, and Saturday, 30 June in the evening has 4 single seats between rows F and L in the stalls, then plenty from M back.  Preview performances have even less seats, but going into September, it's a little better (Saturday, 15 September for example has 2 pairs of seats in stalls row H).

In the plus side, there's no last date given, so there should be more dates released.  Anyway, good luck!

#10 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostMark_E, on 11 April 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

<br />Gonna have to set my alarm for EP tickets for this one like I did for Frankenstein!<br />

If only it was this week, then I wouldn't be at school when booking opens.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users