3 replies to this topic

#1 sunshineliron

sunshineliron

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hello!

On my quest for jobs as a singer/actress/performer and an agent, I've registered to the Starnow website and have started sending applications to various casting calls, and have just heard back from a management company called Impact-London.
Since I don't have a lot of inside information about the different people and companies, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know these people...?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Liron
www.starnow.co.uk/sunshineliron

#2 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(sunshineliron @ Oct 28 2008, 02:22 PM) View Post
Hello!

On my quest for jobs as a singer/actress/performer and an agent, I've registered to the Starnow website and have started sending applications to various casting calls, and have just heard back from a management company called Impact-London.
Since I don't have a lot of inside information about the different people and companies, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know these people...?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Liron
www.starnow.co.uk/sunshineliron

The only Impact-London company I am aware of is a recruitment company working among other places, the media, and is possibly recruiting you to a temp position until the big thing turns up.

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

This is their website i think - http://www.impact-london.co.uk/index.php

They approached a load of people (including me) in my year at Drama school after our showcase and invited us all to audition for them.  I think only a few of them actually went but no-one ended up signing with them so can't really tell you what they're like as an Agent I'm afraid - their website doesn't list their clients or CVs - just 'Major Musicals' their clients have been in (but they don't say which productions - West End, Touring or Abroad?) so if you go to meet them I would be sure to ask exacly what sort of work they have managed to secure in the past year or so; that's usually a good way to gauge how hard they will work for you.  

Also, if you end up signing with them, make sure you're really clear about the sort of roles you want to be put up for and what your strengths are.  I have several friends who didn't make that clear when they signed with their agents and it led to a lot of grief further down the line.  Of course, they might disagree with how you think you should be cast, but make sure you tell them what you're aiming for and you can go from there.

Hope this helps!
biggrin.gif

#4 sunshineliron

sunshineliron

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thanks so much for both your replies, they're a great help!

rolleyes.gif

Any other agencies you can recommend for beginners in the business?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users