Jump to content


- - - - -

Tv For Theatre Fans


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Epicoene

Epicoene

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Parade's End. Pretty good, huh ? Who would have thought Rebecca Hall could act - no-one who saw her in Twelfth Night at NT.

#22 Lynette

Lynette

    Advanced Member

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, agree, she is quite good in Parade's End tho I've only seen episode 1. I've never liked her stage stuff or film stuff I've seen. This is the first thing I've liked.  I enjoyed Ep 1 but not sure where poor cumbers is going with it.

Anyone else notice that he and Roger Allam are the airline pilots in John Finnemore's Cabin Pressure? They must be getting to enjoy working together. I thought they might break into a Finnemore  riff at any moment.

#23 Epicoene

Epicoene

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostLynette, on 11 September 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah, agree, she is quite good in Parade's End tho I've only seen episode 1. I've never liked her stage stuff or film stuff I've seen. This is the first thing I've liked.  I enjoyed Ep 1 but not sure where poor cumbers is going with it.


Ep 1 is mere scene setting - stick with it. Nice to see Alan Howard in a rare screen outing these days, luxury casting in a small part.

#24 Polly1

Polly1

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostLynette, on 11 September 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:


Anyone else notice that he and Roger Allam are the airline pilots in John Finnemore's Cabin Pressure? They must be getting to enjoy working together. I thought they might break into a Finnemore  riff at any moment.

A quick riff on otters perhaps? Pity they couldn't fit in recording the new series of CP whilst they were filming this - I think Finnemore has written it but can't get the cast together to record, such a shame as it's the funniest thing ever.

#25 Lynette

Lynette

    Advanced Member

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, another CP fan.

#26 armadillo

armadillo

    Advanced Member

  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostPolly1, on 12 September 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

A quick riff on otters perhaps? Pity they couldn't fit in recording the new series of CP whilst they were filming this - I think Finnemore has written it but can't get the cast together to record, such a shame as it's the funniest thing ever.

Yes, he says that in his blog. Maybe if Mr Cumberbatch is in Hollywood, Tom Goodman-Hill can stand in again.

#27 xanderl

xanderl

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2093 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

This week's "Playhouse Presents" on Sky Arts, "Stage Door Johnnies" is very entertaining. A quasi-documentary about completely normal people who hang around stage doors giving hand made gifts to actors.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#28 Titan

Titan

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

I just watched it, thought it was very good, funny, a bit touching (the guy and his mum) and quite accurate.  Some of the stuff that was said I've seen people post on here when the age old stage door question has been asked




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users