275 replies to this topic

#1 Bambodoy

Bambodoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Words can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this one. I adored the book as a child and have really high expectations regarding the stage version. The only thing I'm not particularly looking forward to is having to fight for a ticket.
2011-2012 THEATRE

WEST END: End of the Rainbow (Trafalgar Studios), Legally Blonde (Savoy Theatre), Love Never Dies (Adelphi Theatre), Children's Hour (Comedy Theatre), Top Girls (Trafalgar Studios), Richard III (Old Vic), The Tempest (Theatre Royal Haymarket), The Faith Machine (Royal Court), We Will Rock You (Dominion Theatre), The Kitchen (National Theatre), War Horse (New London Theatre), Death and the Maiden (Harold Pinter Theatre), Jumpy (Royal Court), 13 (National Theatre), Collaborators (National Theatre), Jerusalem (Apollo Theatre), Driving Miss Daisy (Wyndham's Theatre), Ghost (Piccadilly Theatre), Grief (National Theatre), The Comedy of Errors (National Theatre), Travelling Light (National Theatre), She Stoops to Conquer (National Theatre), In Basildon (Royal Court), Absent Friends (Harold Pinter Theatre), Matilda the Musical (Cambridge Theatre), Gross und Klein (Barbican), One Man Two Guvnors (Theatre Royal Haymarket), Moon on a Rainbow Shawl (National Theatre), Belong (Royal Court), Misterman (National Theatre), Detroit (National Theatre), The Last of the Haussmans (National Theatre), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (National Theatre).

OFF-WEST END: Becky Shaw (Almeida Theatre), Tiger Country (Hampstead Theatre), Small Hours (Hampstead Theatre), My City (Almeida Theatre), Anna Christie (Donmar Warehouse), Inadmissible Evidence (Donmar Warehouse), Reasons to be Pretty (Almeida Theatre), The Kitchen Sink (Bush Theatre), Stones in his Pockets (Tricycle), Hamlet (Young Vic), Our New Girl (Bush Theatre), Richard II (Donmar Warehouse), The Recruiting Officer (Donmar Warehouse), Bingo (Young Vic), Black T-Shirt Collection (National Theatre), Love Love Love (Royal Court), Filumena (Almeida Theatre), Making Noise Quietly (Donmar Warehouse), Children's Children (Almeida Theatre), The Physicists (Donmar Warehouse), Birthday (Royal Court).

UPCOMING: London Road (National Theatre), The Doctor's Dilemma (National Theatre), The Count of Monte Cristo (National Theatre).

Follow me on Twitter: @Bambodoy

#2 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

I enjoyed the book (published in 2003) when I was a middle-aged person and I'm looking forward to it as well though it has the potential to be a complete stinker. I wonder if they'll use a screen, Sherlock-style, to show the hero's thought processes?

#3 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Or they could stick with the time-honoured and true-to-book method of narration. We'll see soon enough I guess. :D
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#4 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

No video designer is credited. Simon Stephens's adaptation is described as "richly theatrical" and there are not one but two Frantic Assembly founders as movement directors, so I predict a much richer stew than simple narration.

#5 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Very annoying experience this morning. Logged in 8:30, selected tickets for Curious Incident but then couldn't get the website drop down menus to work for payment details so lost my tickets. So much for having priority booking right now. :(

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Apparently seating will be unreserved. Though will you be allocated a level, since some of Level 2 at the Cottesloe is quite restricted view?

#7 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 01 May 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

<br />Apparently seating will be unreserved. Though will you be allocated a level, since some of Level 2 at the Cottesloe is quite restricted view?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Got allocated seats in row K of pit this morning, don't know about other levels, but would assume the same to avoid the inevitable bunfight.
www.frontrowdress.com

#8 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh that's odd. I heard otherwise. So it is allocated then. Is it clear what the layout will be?

#9 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

<br />Oh that's odd. I heard otherwise. So it is allocated then. Is it clear what the layout will be?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Maybe it's like Collaborators, you get an allocated seat but have no idea where it is in relation to the action until you arrive.
www.frontrowdress.com

#10 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have allocated seats in the Pit too. And after my moaning about the system crashing and me losing my row D for row K in the Pit the National sent me a message on Twitter telling me that "Row D is the 4th row and Row K is 2nd row. In the round, only 5 rows...."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users