275 replies to this topic

#111 flying_free

flying_free

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Saw this this afternoon, I usually end up with restricted view seats in the Cottesloe with entry pass so this was the first time I've sat front row centre and loved every minute of it. Never read the book but just bought it for my kindle and also I wanted to steal the puppy.

Does anyone know what's in the envelopes in the prime number seats? I was right next to one so I'm intrigued.

#112 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

You have the chance to win a prize....you have to turn your name into a number, a=1, b=2 etc, add up all the letters, if it is a prime you win a prize. The prize is a small badge. Methinks the person who designed the badges has very little concept of maths...mine says *square root sign* (x+y) *squared*....can't do symbols here.....hmmmm. Still, nice touch.
Play still with me quite a while after seeing it and now firmly held in affection by rest of the family as an "event" we went to!

#113 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

12+25+14+5+20+20+5=101

#114 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

I sat in a 'special' seat and indeed my name (or at least a variable spelling of my name!) came to a prime number... nice little surprise.

#115 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostLatecomer, on 30 September 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

You have the chance to win a prize....you have to turn your name into a number, a=1, b=2 etc, add up all the letters, if it is a prime you win a prize.

Hrmph: 90. I need to start spelling my name with a silent q. Or an octuple a.

I think "Al" is probably the lowest prime name, unless there's someone named "Ab" somewhere.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#116 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I hate that kind of thing.

#117 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I was very excited but the badge was a bit rubbish! Lol!

#118 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostLynette, on 01 October 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

I hate that kind of thing.

No-one forces you to get involved :)

#119 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Saw this yesterday evening so am now wondering how I came to miss the part with the prizes - it must either have been at one of the points when I nodded off (not from boredom but simply struggling with the late hour) or at the end, as I was up and running for my train as soon as the applause finished.  It was good but did go on a bit and didn't finish until 10.15 pm.  What became of the NT's habit of staggering the start times of their plays, so that you would get a 7.15 pm, a 7.30 pm and a 7.45 pm all on the same evening?  Now they all seem to start at 7.30 pm, though rather that than 7.45 pm for early birds like me.  Maybe audiences found the variation too confusing?  That said, I see there are some horribly late starts for the evening performances of People, but it was already sold out when Advance booking opened so I have no ticket for it anyway.

#120 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

People is at 7.45pm (with the exception of press night), because Hymn or Cocktail Sticks will play at 6pm.

The bit with the prizes isn't in the play itself- it's in the prime number envelope on some of the seats. The prizes (a badge) can be collected from the Cottesloe Box Office after the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users