275 replies to this topic

#171 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Saw it the other night. It is incredible, if anything it's better than the original run. Anyone know about day-seats and where they are?

#172 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sorry just seen info has been posted as front row stalls. The stage is pretty high.. I wonder if the Balcony would actually be better

#173 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostRooster Byron, on 14 March 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Sorry just seen info has been posted as front row stalls. The stage is pretty high.. I wonder if the Balcony would actually be better

It is a high stage but I still found the front row fine, although perhaps that was because I had seen the show before, so wasn't as bothered about not being able to clearly see the floor. Also, as a lot of the drawing etc. done on the floor is also replicated on the walls at the same time, you don't miss too much and it was quite thrilling to be that close to such brilliant acting. Plus for £12 this is a bargain.

#174 theatrepaul

theatrepaul

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Outstanding. I was completely blown away by the production which works really well inside the Apollo Theatre. The set creates an environment which immediately draws you into Christopher's world and holds you there. At the heart of the play is Luke Treadaways incredible performance. I doubt there's a better performance on the London stage right now. He delivers a compelling, warm, touching and sometimes heart breaking performance. I can't recommend this play highly enough

#175 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I am sooooo desperate to see this. Is it selling out?

#176 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

There is plenty of availability on Nimax

#177 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postvickster51, on 14 March 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

It is a high stage but I still found the front row fine, although perhaps that was because I had seen the show before, so wasn't as bothered about not being able to clearly see the floor. Also, as a lot of the drawing etc. done on the floor is also replicated on the walls at the same time, you don't miss too much and it was quite thrilling to be that close to such brilliant acting. Plus for £12 this is a bargain.

This is really helpful info, thanks! Would you say you missed anything else except for the writing on the floor by being in front row? Ie. when I saw Crazy For You we couldn't see anything below the actor's knees which wasn't very helpful considering the show consisted mainly of tapdancing sequences...

#178 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Has anyone dayticketed recently? Thinking of trying tomorrow.

#179 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

What time have people been arriving for day seats for this?
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#180 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I dayseated a couple of weeks ago and got there at 8am. I was on my own til 9.15 when a couple arrived. At 10am it was still just the 3 of us.

However, this was when it was still in previews so it may have got busier now more reviews are out and word gets around again about how bloody brilliant it is!

(Mind you, the cold weather might be putting some dayseaters off)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users