275 replies to this topic

#191 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Johnny Gibbon plays the part so well I can imagine this could well continue to play long after Luke Treadaway eventually leaves.

We'd booked especially to see Luke again, but Johnny was on and although we were initially disappointed he gave just as moving a performance.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#192 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Does anyone know the maximum number of day seat tickets they'll sell to one person? Also, would a 9 year-old be able to see enough from the day-seat front row?

Thank you.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#193 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

You can buy 2pp and I've heard the stage is quite high so it depends on how tall he is :)

#194 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostZinone, on 06 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I'm baffled by the enormous praise this has received. I saw it last night (for the first time) and found it inventive in parts with a great central performance but pretty unremarkable overall, as well as being far too long. I found all the other actors lacking in terms of basic believability - particularly the parents - and Niamh Cusack's is one of the most affected, unnatural and irritating performances I can remember seeing.

I accept that many others love the play, so I'm not wanting to start an argument, but thought it was worth piping up as a (lone) dissenting voice!

Hallelujah.  I thought I was the only one!

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#195 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

One Man two guvnors Is closing in aug/sept. a movie adaptation starring a 'big Hollywood name' is replacing it...

#196 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 09 April 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

One Man two guvnors Is closing in aug/sept. a movie adaptation starring a 'big Hollywood name' is replacing it...
And how is this relevant to the thread topic? Although a fascinating snippet of information. But ....keep taking the medication.

#197 Rachel

Rachel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Can anyone advise whether I'm likely to be ok for two day seats for a Saturday evening performance if I arrive at 8:30am?

Also does the box office open on the dot of 10am or do they ever start selling earlier?

Thanks!

#198 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Risky. We got there at 9am last time and missed out (matinee and eve had gone by the time we got to the front).

They opened on the dot though.

#199 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Friend queued today and by 7:45am, the line was full.

#200 Rachel

Rachel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

A bit of feedback - I heeded your warnings and got there at 7:50am yesterday. I was fourth in the queue (although all the people in front of me were buying for the matinee so I was first for tickets for the evening). They were sayin they were surprised that it wasn't busier as it quite often is. I think the queue was probably 'full' at about 8:30am but without counting how many tickets people were buying and for which show, it was hard to tell! I didn't stick around once I had my tickets so don't know how many people managed to get them.

As for the show, it was definitely as good as at the Cottesloe. I thought the new cast members worked just as well, and the changes to the set made the show grow into the larger space. The stage is quite high if you're sat in the front row but I don't think we missed anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users