275 replies to this topic

#201 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Loved this. Seen it twice. People should.

#202 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Should what?

#203 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I finally saw this last night, and wow! It's amazing and beautiful and easily one of the best plays I've ever seen. Luke Treadaway definitely deserves to win the Olivier next week.

Also: To those seeing the play in the future, make sure to stay after the bows for an extra scene :)

#204 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I knew about the extra scene from the NT, and waited a while for it at the Apollo but it didn't happen so I'd presumed they weren't doing it. It wasn't until we were almost out of the theatre that we heard the music starting up for it - gutted I missed it as it's a great "extra".
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#205 stewart

stewart

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone day-seated recently for this? Curious as to when people start queuing.

#206 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Early. Before it did an Olivier sweep, people were arriving on a Saturday at 6:30am. I imagine now it's even earlier.

#207 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Saw this last week and loved it. I missed out on it during the NT run so was really happy when they announced the transfer. Luke Treadaway's performance is nothing but amazing. I've already booked to see it again later this month (I rarely ever do return visits when it comes to plays so this shows just how much I enjoyed it).

#208 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Saw this yesterday and was completely blown away!
Fully deserving of it's Olivier haul, especially Luke Treadaway whose performance was complete and flawless.
I was surprised by just how closely the play sticks to the book - you're really drawn into Christopher's mind and thought processes.

We sat in the £12 balcony seats and I think they were okay value for money. The main 'restriction' of the view actually came from the heads of the people sat in front as, being so high up, you inevitably get a domino effect of people leaning forward. I'd never been to the Apollo before and I have to say, now I've experienced it, it's not my favourite of theatres! The seats creak terribly! plus the staff are a bit useless...

Anyway, I'd love to see the play again from a closer perspective!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#209 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

I sat in one of the £40 seats in the DC. You miss tiny bits since you are sitting at the side of the DC but all in all I found my seat good value for money (I was in C25). You are quite close to the stage as well which I enjoyed a lot.
I've booked row A on the other side for late May, again for £40. For anyone who doesn't want to pay top price but doesn't fancy sitting in the upper circle or balcony either I'd definitely recommend the slightly cheaper than top price DC seats.

#210 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Please delete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users