Jump to content


The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time

West End transfer

  • Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#221 Catqc

Catqc

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed before but anyone know when Luke Treadaway's contract ends? I cant get to see this til the beginning of September and really hoping he'll still be there?!

#222 NickP

NickP

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canterbury, Kent

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostCatqc, on 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but anyone know when Luke Treadaway's contract ends? I cant get to see this til the beginning of September and really hoping he'll still be there?!

It says on the NT website that he is contracted until 31 August 2013 and that the cast has not been confirmed for September 2013 onwards. Hopefully he will stay with the show for a bit longer! Link is here: http://www.nationalt...re?dates#tabpos

#223 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The gutter
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Acting brilliant. Staging superb. Didn't connect with me. Could have been the shockingly awful balcony seats (seriously? Just shut them).

#224 theatreliker

theatreliker

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Saw this in the week. Nice to see a mid-week matinee house full sign and with people of mixed ages. Thought it was brilliant and you can't help but smile at it but I too was sat in the balcony and didn't get the best view. Been to the Apollo three times now to see All My Sons, Jerusalem and now this - I've come to associate it with great theatre.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#225 Jamiem

Jamiem

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

View Posttheatreliker, on 30 June 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Saw this in the week. Nice to see a mid-week matinee house full sign and with people of mixed ages. Thought it was brilliant and you can't help but smile at it but I too was sat in the balcony and didn't get the best view. Been to the Apollo three times now to see All My Sons, Jerusalem and now this - I've come to associate it with great theatre.

I sat on a broken seat with no arm got the understudy and paid £62.50
No more in nimax for me

#226 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

There may be reports somewhere in this thread but I don't have time to read every page - anyone have any opinions on Johnny Gibbon? Have booked to see a performance with him as Christopher.

#227 Deal J

Deal J

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

I saw him on a night we were expecting to see Luke Treadaway, and was not disappointed. In fact I'm surprised he won't be taking on the role in the new cast (although I suppose that doesn't mean he wasn't asked).
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#228 xy_whitefaerie

xy_whitefaerie

    Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostABowlerHat, on 29 July 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

There may be reports somewhere in this thread but I don't have time to read every page - anyone have any opinions on Johnny Gibbon? Have booked to see a performance with him as Christopher.

I saw Johnny Gibbon as Christopher under the same circumstance as Deal J, and was quite disappointed at not seeing Luke Treadaway (I did queue for 3 hours in the cold to catch his performance, so it affected my initial opinion). But his performance grew on me, and somewhere in the middle of the show I had completely forgotten that Luke Treadaway wasn't on.

Though I have to say, I never did manage to watch another performance with Luke Treadaway, so I cannot compare between the two. But if we're only talking about how Johnny Gibbon did as Christopher, then I think he's really good :)

#229 Deal J

Deal J

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Following xy_whitefaerie's more detailed post, I'll add that I had seen Luke in the NT Live cinema broadcast (and am a fan of his prior work) so my expectations were really high, but Johnny won me over very quickly.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

#230 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys - I look forward to seeing him!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users