275 replies to this topic

#231 lesterf

lesterf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Has anyone dayseated for this recently ? I have been told in the past that people are getting there for 6 am .. is this still true or was that at the start of the run ?

#232 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Going to see this next Thursday for the first time - has anyone been recently?

#233 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostCatqc, on 23 August 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Going to see this next Thursday for the first time - has anyone been recently?

Was there on Tuesday, avoid the balcony as the sound up there is dreadful!! Must have missed about 1 line in 10 owing to either poor acoustics or the show not being sound designed for the theatre its in.

...and for such a big award winner I was expecting more, its all perfectly competent but the material doesnt sing and there are a couple of scenes (the we'll explain later and the other policeman) which just seem off in the context of what is essentially a serious piece.

.....and some twat in green start taking photos with his flash going off from the back row near the end of the show and had to be stopped by an irate person sat next to him as there were no staff to be seen.
Which way did he go McGill?

#234 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postlesterf, on 12 August 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Has anyone dayseated for this recently ? I have been told in the past that people are getting there for 6 am .. is this still true or was that at the start of the run ?

Don't know whether this answer is still relevant as the cast is changing in a week, but last Monday (when Johnny Gibbon, not Luke Treadway, played Christopher) she dayseated from 8:30 and it was perfectly fine.

As for the play, I saw it last week, it was my first time at the West End, but I had seen it twice at the Cottesloe, one of them in previews - no expectations, no press reviews, fresh as it can be. And there is a difference: some of it around the cast (Paul Ritter as Christopher's father was heartbreaking and somewhat irreplaceable) but some of it it's the temperature in the room: it's slicker now, very confident, but some of the nervous energy from last year is missing. Maybe it's because this cast approaches the end of a lengthy run.

#235 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

If anyone is looking for a ticket for Luke Treadaway's last performance tomorrow eve, I've got one to give away. Dress Circle, end of row B (classed as restricted view), £37.50 face value, available for £25.

#236 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Saw this last night - Wow. Luke Treadaway is amazing, someone use Steffi's ticket and go see his last performance. That must be one difficult part to play...The whole play is just incredibly well done; the sound and the lighting and direction make it extremely powerful and just..gripping. One question - it is a real dog, isnt it?

#237 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostCatqc, on 30 August 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Saw this last night - Wow. Like Treadaway is amazing, someone use Steffi's ticket and go see his last performance. That must be one difficult part to play...The whole play is just incredibly well done; the sound and the lighting and direction make it extremely powerful and just..gripping. One question - it is a real dog, isnt it?

Most definitely a real live puppy, cute as a button. Also Toby is a real live rat, in case you were too far away to tell.

#238 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Thanks - i couldnt imagine how it could not be real but i heard someone in the foyer saying that it wasn't so I was confused...and yes I was too far away to realise that Toby was real! Was there really a rat in the tube? Couldn't see that from my seat either...

#239 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostCatqc, on 30 August 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

someone use Steffi's ticket and go see his last performance.

Done! :D

#240 showtoones

showtoones

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Does anyone now which performances Mike Noble does? He is now listed as having an alternate but they don't give the performance schedule. Any help would be appreciated.

ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users