275 replies to this topic

#81 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I was in Level 2 (row T) and it was fine- a tiny bit of leaning involved at points, but you get a good overview of the space, whcih you wouldn't from lower down, and therefore you really see the piece as a whole, with the projections and lights which are on the floor.

#82 Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 16 August 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

I was in Level 2 (row T) and it was fine- a tiny bit of leaning involved at points, but you get a good overview of the space, whcih you wouldn't from lower down, and therefore you really see the piece as a whole, with the projections and lights which are on the floor.

I was in the second row of the pit level and you can actually see the floor projections/lights just fine from there - the seats are quite a way off ground level. Not sure what the front row would be like - I think it's second price, so I guess you might miss a bit from there.

#83 pbmum

pbmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

We went as a family to see this last night - our boys are 14 and 13 and my daughter 11.  All loved it.  Had read the book with my daughter in the last couple of weeks so I can confirm that it was a very faithful adaptation.  Use of technology was fantastic - especially in the bonus bit at the end.

We were in row V  level 2 - the only tickets that were available when I booked on the first day of public booking.  Were marked as semi restricted view but all that meant was that we had to lean over the balcony to see everything.  Not sure if the people who were up a level behind us could see everything though as they were quite a way back.

Would certainly think this was worth going to see at a NT live screening if you can't get tickets for the Cottesloe.

#84 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostMarius Pontmercy, on 16 August 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

I was in the second row of the pit level and you can actually see the floor projections/lights just fine from there - the seats are quite a way off ground level. Not sure what the front row would be like - I think it's second price, so I guess you might miss a bit from there.

Saw this on Friday with family. Hubby and I were on the first level at side, front row, girls were on front row of the pit. The could see all the stuff on the floor no problem and really enjoyed it.
Play was great....superb movement and great acting. Want to see the staging again as I'm not quite sure how they did a couple of bits! I love the National, they really do go the extra mile when it comes to production values.
Brilliant! Daughter had got A level maths results that day so particularly apt!

#85 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Anyone know where the dayseats are located and how early you have to get there?
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#86 macca

macca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi

I was plannign to try and day seat for tomorrow's matinee.  Has anyone done this and can tell me how early I need to set my alarm clock.

Thank you

#87 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

NT website is advising that Saturday evening and Monday evening's performances are cancelled, although the Sat mat is going ahead. Curious... something to do with the NT Live performance maybe?

#88 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostPolly1, on 30 August 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

NT website is advising that Saturday evening and Monday evening's performances are cancelled, although the Sat mat is going ahead. Curious... something to do with the NT Live performance maybe?

Would be surprised if it was - it's not as though NT Live have never done a show in the Cottesloe and need extra time for that purpose or anything.

#89 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

No understudies, are there? Perhaps something v urgent has cropped up for one of the cast?

#90 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Luke Treadaway injured. Box office are having to ring round basically just giving refunds as show is sold out...not a nice job.
By the way some dates for Scenes from an Execution have been pulled....they are also contacting people to let them know and offer alternative dates in new season booking period....see here for details of dates
http://www.nationalt...Sep12_Feb13.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users