#11 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostMorten Aagaard, on 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Its not a translation, but a list of how many stars the different newspapers gave the show :-)

Oh. Oh. My comment was not directed at what you posted. I was referring to a long, incomprehensible post, which appeared twice, that looked as it was supposed to be a translation. It has been removed.

You wouldn't have links for those reviews, would you? I found  the Berlingske one and the one other, but didn't have time or the luck to find the rest.

#12 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

The removed post was a spam advert which was posted on lots of different threads
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#13 Morten Aagaard

Morten Aagaard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Small parts of the reviews can be seen here: http://www.detnyteat...forestillingen/
If you would like the full reviews you can visit the papers homepages. The Danish word for review is "anmeldelse" and can be found in the papers' culture ("kultur") sections. :-)
Morten Aagaard (DK)

WEST END:
Phantom of the Opera x17 | Love Never Dies x3 | Lion King x2 | Wicked x3 | Oliver x2 | Evita x2 | Wizard of Oz | We Will Rock You | Sister Act | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat | Sound of Music | Les Miserables | Sunset Boulevard | Spamalot | Thriller Live | Avenue Q | Hair | Spamalot | Hairspray | Billy Elliot | Priscilla Queen of the Desert | Dirty Dancing | Sweeney Todd | Matilda x2 | Top Hat | Book of Mormon | Stephen Ward | Once | Charlie and the Chocolate Factory |

FRINGE:
Aspects of Love (Menier Chocolate Factory) | The Color Purple (Menier Chocolate Factory) | Titanic (Southwark Playhouse) x2 | Urinetown (St. James) | The Beautiful Game (Union) |

BROADWAY:
Phantom of the Opera x2 | Evita | Jesus Christ Superstar |

COPENHAGEN:
Phantom of the Opera x4 | Les Miserables x2 | Beauty and the Beast | Love Never Dies |

#14 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

#15 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

No surprises the criticisms hit at the basic material (PLOT!) again. This show just doesn't work using the characters from a completely different show and forcing the two together such that they become unrecognisable and the majesty of the original is reduced to the pedestrian here is never going to set the world alight.

I'm a little saddened the wonderful Tomas A. Kofod is playing the lead part in this, if only because this show goes completely against his interpretation of the character of Raoul in the original, which I had the great pleasure of seeing him play a few years ago at the same theatre and he is by far one of the best Raouls to have emerged during the history of the show. But his interpretation of the Vicomte as truly, deeply, madly in love with Christine to a very selfless extent really doesn't gel with how this character is mutilated in this show. It'd be interested to know what he thinks of how that character has been handled by this show. I suppose he has to eat, though.

#16 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Louise fribo is such a great singer, you tubed her and an now a fan!

#17 Morten Aagaard

Morten Aagaard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just found this one on YouTube from the Danish "Olivier"-Award show called "Reumert", in which Love Never Dies won "Best Music Theatre" Louise Fribo singing "Love Never Dies"
Morten Aagaard (DK)

WEST END:
Phantom of the Opera x17 | Love Never Dies x3 | Lion King x2 | Wicked x3 | Oliver x2 | Evita x2 | Wizard of Oz | We Will Rock You | Sister Act | Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat | Sound of Music | Les Miserables | Sunset Boulevard | Spamalot | Thriller Live | Avenue Q | Hair | Spamalot | Hairspray | Billy Elliot | Priscilla Queen of the Desert | Dirty Dancing | Sweeney Todd | Matilda x2 | Top Hat | Book of Mormon | Stephen Ward | Once | Charlie and the Chocolate Factory |

FRINGE:
Aspects of Love (Menier Chocolate Factory) | The Color Purple (Menier Chocolate Factory) | Titanic (Southwark Playhouse) x2 | Urinetown (St. James) | The Beautiful Game (Union) |

BROADWAY:
Phantom of the Opera x2 | Evita | Jesus Christ Superstar |

COPENHAGEN:
Phantom of the Opera x4 | Les Miserables x2 | Beauty and the Beast | Love Never Dies |

#18 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Love Never Dies makes it German-language premier as a concert in October this year in Wien with Drew Sarich as The Phantom - I am extremely jealous that they have Sarich as Phantom! It's for 8 performances only! They're doing it as a direct follow on from their Phantom of the Opera concert that happened last year.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users