Samantha Barks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Guest-Leonie @ Mar 28 2009, 08:36 PM) View Post
I have just been to see Cabaret and thought Sam was amazing. I was never a fan of hers when she was in IDA and have to say I was a bit surprised when she got the part of Sally. However, I thought that her portrayal of Sally was spot on and her singing was outstanding. Her rendition of Cabaret just blew me away. She was so convincing as Sally that I can't believe she was the same girl who was on IDA. I don't think it will be long before she is a west end leading lady and wish her every success for the future.
The whole show was fab and the supporting cast were also outstanding, I would highly recommend it!

Totally agree with your comments, when I heard her sing Maybe This Time, that just makes me cry with sadness and joy, when she sang Cabaret, I just could not believe that someone so young, could sing and act like she does.  I was a huge fan of Sam, when she was on I'd Do Anything but I look forward to going to see this girl on the West End.  We went with some friends to watch Sam last week and I just wanted to say what a great night and a huge thank you to Sam and the cast, just brilliant.

#32 Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:the theatre, dancing, singing

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

aw im glad u enjoyed it smile.gif
im hopefully going again smile.gif
x
I'm Hannah. I love the theatre, Zoe Birkett and We Will Rock You. Seen We Will Rock You 17 times so far :)

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Huge Zoe Birkett Fan @ Mar 30 2009, 03:22 PM) View Post
aw im glad u enjoyed it smile.gif
im hopefully going again smile.gif
x

Do you know what Sam will be doing next?

#34 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

I saw it a while back nearer the start of its run, i was not at all a fan of Sam on Id Do Anything but i thought she was good, much better than i had anticipated. However i dont think shes amazing, maybe she has improved and settled into the role during the run, she spoke away her lines during a few songs which really annoys me but i guess its maybe a directorial issue rather than her decision. My main problem with her is a think when she tries to do forceful, intense, empowered etc she ends up just looking angry, which irks me when its not the right emotion for the moment. However she is good, and i think she will only get better as she goes on in her career, shes definately better than some on the West End so i hope she goes onto do something in London after Cabaret ends. Actually does anyone know if Cabaret is getting a West End transfer?

#35 scootyscoot4

scootyscoot4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 13 2009, 09:07 PM) View Post
I saw it a while back nearer the start of its run, i was not at all a fan of Sam on Id Do Anything but i thought she was good, much better than i had anticipated. However i dont think shes amazing, maybe she has improved and settled into the role during the run, she spoke away her lines during a few songs which really annoys me but i guess its maybe a directorial issue rather than her decision. My main problem with her is a think when she tries to do forceful, intense, empowered etc she ends up just looking angry, which irks me when its not the right emotion for the moment. However she is good, and i think she will only get better as she goes on in her career, shes definately better than some on the West End so i hope she goes onto do something in London after Cabaret ends. Actually does anyone know if Cabaret is getting a West End transfer?

Cabaret won't go onto West End as it has just come from there sadly, I think I shouldn't have closed but that's just my personal opinion!

#36 annette

annette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 13 2009, 09:07 PM) View Post

she had definatly improved from the start of the run, i too saw it in the beginning at the birmingham rep where the run started, and she was good, however when i saw her several months later elsewhere (manchester) she was fantastic and definatly came into her own, i am tempted to go and see it again for a 3rd time when it goes to wolverhampton

#37 Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 13 2009, 08:23 PM) View Post
Do you know what Sam will be doing next?

im not sure what shes doing next smile.gif

x

I'm Hannah. I love the theatre, Zoe Birkett and We Will Rock You. Seen We Will Rock You 17 times so far :)

#38 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(annette @ Apr 14 2009, 07:20 AM) View Post
she had definatly improved from the start of the run, i too saw it in the beginning at the birmingham rep where the run started, and she was good, however when i saw her several months later elsewhere (manchester) she was fantastic and definatly came into her own, i am tempted to go and see it again for a 3rd time when it goes to wolverhampton

I also saw her at the beginning of the run at the Birmingham rep and I thought she was great, the night we went there was an amazing buzz.  We recently went to Edinburgh to see Cabaret and I have to say she has completely made the role her own, her singing, acting was just brilliant.

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 14 2009, 08:43 AM) View Post
I also saw her at the beginning of the run at the Birmingham rep and I thought she was great, the night we went there was an amazing buzz.  We recently went to Edinburgh to see Cabaret and I have to say she has completely made the role her own, her singing, acting was just brilliant.

yep got to agree! she was great!

#40 Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Huge Zoe Birkett Fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

i would have loved to have gone again ubt the tour isnt anywhere near me sad.gif

x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users