5 replies to this topic

#1 AmericanActor

AmericanActor

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:41 AM

Hi everyone

I am an american actor in NYC working in musical theatre.

I have always thought about applying to programs in London and studying over there. My question is, what are the reputable schools that have reputable musical theatre programs? I just don't even know where to start to find programs to look into. Also, is "the stage" the best way to seek out auditions when over in London? Are there other places to look?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

B

#2 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

In terms of Theatre/Drama schools you should look under the National Council for Drama Training website - it lists all the courses that are run by Equity accredited schools

hope that helps
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#3 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Laughingmonsta @ Nov 11 2008, 11:56 AM) View Post
In terms of Theatre/Drama schools you should look under the National Council for Drama Training website - it lists all the courses that are run by Equity accredited schools

hope that helps

Also look at the Council for Dance Education Website as some top Musical Theatre School courses are accredited by the CDET.

#4 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

When you say you're "working in musical theatre" in New York - what do you mean? I'm slightly confused as to what level of work you're doing if you still feel you need to come here and train.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#5 Guest_Marisa_*

Guest_Marisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ Nov 17 2008, 05:38 PM) View Post
When you say you're "working in musical theatre" in New York - what do you mean? I'm slightly confused as to what level of work you're doing if you still feel you need to come here and train.

The Stage can be a good place to find out about drama courses in GB.

#6 AmericanActor

AmericanActor

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ Nov 17 2008, 12:38 PM) View Post

I am an equity actor, I have done a couple national tours, have a large amount of regional credits, etc.

I think if you ever stop learning, you will never continue to advance. I still take dance classes as often as I can here in NYC. I study with a voice teacher as well as a vocal coach. So it's just another way to study and learn.

I have visited London countless times in my life and would love to spend an extended time there. Going to study makes the most sense for me than just moving there to live there and finding a job.

And thanks for all the starting points everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users