- - - - -

Should Links To Blogs Be Considered Spam And Therefore Banned/deleted?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Nope, this poster is a serial spammer. Not only spams on here but on all the Facebook forums too. Have reported him/her to Facebook for spamming and blocked his/her posts. Sad really! :(

#12 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I see we have a serial blog spammer in the plays board now  - all of his/her posts (bar one) are just links to the blog with a one line review, they never return to respond in the same thread
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#13 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm with xanderl.  It's someone wants to add to the debate and link to a blog in their signiture and have some of their posts link to a review then I don't have any problem with that at all, but if that persons only post's are to link to their review and never interact with anyone, then I'd be happy to see them deleted.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#14 Danube

Danube

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Posts that just contain links are tedious.  Even when it's not outright spamming of blogs, it's a pain when someone posts a link to a news story without summarising it.  A link should back up a post, not be a substitute for one.

Over-enthusiastic bloggers can be guilty of it, but normally it's easy enough to tell the difference between someone who is keen to talk about a subject and to show off their blog, and someone with no interest in contributing to the forum in the first place.  I take the view that someone who lacks the ability to link politely to their blog is unlikely to have anything interesting to say on their blog.  They might get hits, but will they get repeat visitors?

#15 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

http://www.google.co...,r:26,s:0,i:154

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users