5 replies to this topic

#1 musicals fan

musicals fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have no links to this theatre other than as an audience member.
I have noticed on my last two visits that audience numbers were apparently in decline and full houses were no longer the norm.
I have seen some splendid shows at this theatre and wondered what the views of others are on the theatre and its repertoire / performances etc. of late.

#2 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

I don't think the decline in audience numbers has anything to do with the quality of productions, Edwin Drood was a treat and has obviously transferred to a much larger theatre. It's probably more to do with the decline in disposable income available to the rest of us. I love the Landor and think the whole venue is such a good inclusive local pub. They always seem to have things happening apart from the theatre. We saw The Thing About Men last night and it was wonderful. 5 top notch performers and astounding production values. I rambled extensively about the show and the pub on my blog if it's of any interest, advance warning though it's more of a diary than a review  http://frontrowdress.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/thing-about-men-landor-theatre-friday.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#3 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

here's the link http://frontrowdress...tre-friday.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#4 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

It's like any other theatre, some shows do better than others.  I have been there when it was full - Lucky Stiff - and when it was empty - John and Jen.  The promotional efforts seem to be pretty much the same for all shows so it must come down to choice of material.

I will say that the Union, which often features a similar repertory and is of a similar size, seems as a rule to attract larger audiences than the Landor.  But that may just be down to location.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#5 henrihoover

henrihoover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for the links.

#6 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Saw Get Aladdin the panto here last night - an above the Stag production. A couple of good performances on an ingenious set but a poor script. Wishee Washee was played by a woman as an essex chav monkey - don't ask! Not especially good at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users