36 replies to this topic

#1 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I keep getting a notification from my Norton security that it has blocked an attack every time I load a page on this website :(

#2 musicalfan93

musicalfan93

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I was about to say something similar, I've had a virus on my laptop a couple of times that seems to kick in when I come on the site. Luckily I know how to deal with it now & remove it, but it's definitely concerning me a little.
LONDON: A Chorus Line x3|American Psycho x1|Avenue Q x1|Blood Brothers x6|Charlie and The Chocolate Factory x2|Evita x1|Ghost x11|Hair x3|Hairspray x1|Imagine This x1|Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat x2|Legally Blonde x2|Lend Me A Tenor x1|Les Miserables x2|The Lion King x7|Lord of the Rings x4|Love Never Dies x6|Matilda x1|Oliver! x1|Phantom of the Opera x2|Priscilla Queen of the Desert x3|Scrooge x1|Shrek x1|Sister Act x2|Spamalot x3|Sweeney Todd x2|We Will Rock You x4|Wicked x9|Wizard of Oz x1 UK TOUR: Blood Brothers x2|Cabaret x1|Evita x1|Ghost x2|Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat x4|Rocky Horror Show x3|Scrooge x1  LEEDS: Peter Pan x1  BROADWAY: Wicked x1
PLAYS: Coriolanus (Donmar Warehouse) x2|King Lear (National Theatre 2014)|Othello (National Theatre 2013) x1|Macbeth (The Globe 2013) x1|The Cripple of Inishmaan x1

#3 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Me too.....one that says my hard disk is broken and then takes me through procedures to fix it (looking like microsoft), ending in a chargeable site. Coincidence? I run macafee and it doesn't detect anything....

#4 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3755 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Latecomer- I had that virus twice a few weeks ago before the new board version, and it's a bit of a pain to fix. The chargeable site, as I'm sure you know, is a con. However after installing more virus software, that has now gone and hasn't come back. Yesterday, as I was on the forum, I got notification of 2 extra dangerous viruses. Luckily my computer spotted these and deleted them, but I do think there is a problem with this site- wheter it actually is a dangerous virus I don't know, but my security software is definitely picking up something!

#5 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thank god I use an iPad now for Internet.  These stories bring back memories of my battles with PC viruses.  Shudders...

#6 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

I'm now having the same problem and now the forum itself has disappeared. Only my iPod seems to be working

What should I do?
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#7 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

This entire website is launching attacks on my computer. Norton says source is isphrnj.ibiz.cc

#8 Angram

Angram

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

AVG blocked a threat when I came on here - so will be giving the site a miss for a while

#9 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Bye for a while.....

#10 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

My Antivirus (Avast) also just blocked an attack as the page loaded. Hmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users