Good luck.

#12 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Bad form not to have done something yet.

Is there nobody on watch?EDIT: By the way, as a result of such as this - Denied: http://knvflrl.ibiz.cc/?go=2 (analysis using the database of suspicious URLs, the board set up an attempted trojan attack yesterday subsequent to the malicious urls.If you are not well protected DO NOT USE THIS BOARD until safe. Thankfully Kaspersky is on the ball.Be careful now.

#13 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

We have notified Admin - but like you we can't do half of the things we have been able to do in the past.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#14 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

It could be an advertiser that's compromised.

As a bit of general advice, turn off Java and plugins when visiting sites that don't need them. (The WoS forum doesn't require either, though it does require JavaScript.) It greatly reduces the amount of potentially exploitable code that can be accessed when you visit a site. Ideally, use a browser that lets you configure settings on a site by site basis and only enable plugins on trusted sites that you know require them.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#15 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm no longer getting a warning. Thanks for sorting this guys :)

#16 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

<p>

View PostPharaoh, on 07 May 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Latecomer- I had that virus twice a few weeks ago before the new board version, and it's a bit of a pain to fix. The chargeable site, as I'm sure you know, is a con. However after installing more virus software, that has now gone and hasn't come back. Yesterday, as I was on the forum, I got notification of 2 extra dangerous viruses. Luckily my computer spotted these and deleted them, but I do think there is a problem with this site- wheter it actually is a dangerous virus I don't know, but my security software is definitely picking up something!
This sounds like a virus I got twice from this forum a year or so ago. It seized the computer and hijacked my wallpaper by taking it over with a blue warning screen, urging me to cough up and protect my computer. MacAfee completely failed to detect it. Thankfully, my mum managed to sort it.I use AVG now, which works, touch wood, and haven't had a problem since.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Dear all,

Many apologies for the security issues affecting Whatsonstage.com in the past 24h. We were subjected to a virus attack which has now been resolved. Any users who logged on yesterday or today are advised to run a virus scan on their computers.

Regards,
WOS Admin

#18 Cardinal Pirelli

Cardinal Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Back again, report says -

Internet Explorer ?go=2 Denied: http://mhoqccnlag.ibiz.cc/?go=2 (analysis using the database of suspicious URLs) 08/05/2012 23:13:43

#19 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

My laptop is now completely hijacked, thanks to the virus from this site. Like Alf I had MacAfee which failed to detect something similar lasty year, and did not renew my 'protection' as a result.

If anyone has advice on how to sort this out without reverting the factory settings, it would be appreciated.

#20 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

My brothers works with computers, so I just did System restore back to before sunday (as I had literally just finished an 8 hr virus scan).

I am then going to get my brother to check my laptop for me when he is down next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users